some more prone to stink then others?! grr

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

some more prone to stink then others?! grr

Postby Mor_to_4 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 am

so my diapers dont stink.. until she pees in them, but only in the pianissimos and the "under the nile" one from green mountain diapers. the ammonia smell is very strong as soon as pee gets on it. is that normal? or so i need to strip those? my bg 4.0's do not smell, my workhorse from gmd does not smell, and neither do any of my prefolds. also, those that smelled when peed in, pianissimo, UTN, they dont stink when clean. when you talk about stinky diapers do you mean they smell all the time, like fresh out of the wash? or just whe pee gets in them?! lolol. sorry first time with a stinky diaper. and i dont use the stinky ones that often. so i dont know why they got the problem as apposed to the ones i always use!? help! tia
me (Sarah) 32...DH 34

DS 11
DS 9
DD 8
DD 1

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."

Mor_to_4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ivycrystals » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:43 am

Sometimes it's only when L pees in them. It could be the fabric is really holding onto detergent and not fully rinsing. I'd try stripping them. If you have RNG you might rock a soak with just the stinky ones.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 pm

I have the exact same problem with a bunch of my pocket diaper inserts. Smell clean and fresh when they come out of the wash, but EWWWW as soon as she pees they reek of ammonia.

thanks for the tip, ivycrystals!
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering