Having some issues

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Having some issues

Postby nikki_121703 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:59 am

I finally started CDing after months of research and shopping and i have some questions for you experienced ladies :)

I'm using onesize pocket dipes and prefolds and covers. I have fuzzibunz, bumgenious, and sunbaby. I dont like the BG at all and the sunbaby seems a lot trimmer than the fuzzibunz. Is there a different insert I can use to make these less bulky? Also I hate that they are leaving red marks on his legs and belly. I have them adjusted to where they don't seem too tight and don't leak but they are still leaving red marks. I wanted to cd so he'd be more comfortable....I feel like I'm hurting him :(

What's the trimmest diapers around?? I'm ordering some bamboo fleece flats to try with covers. I hear those are very trim and super absorbent. Any thoughts?

Lastly, is it true that any free and clear detergent is cd safe? I'm using Eco nuts right now.

Thanks!
Me 27 Dh 32 Dd 7 Ds born 8/2/11

Image<div>www.hyenacart.com/SugarSugars</div><div>Seriously Sweet Fluff for mom and baby</div>
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
nikki_121703
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Sisrea » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:28 pm

The red marks are generally going to be from the actual elastic being too tightly sewn in. I have heard issues with people having issues with kawaii leaving red marks so i haven't been tempted to try them. If you have it as loose as it will go then you might need to try a different diaper. Is the FB leaving red marks as well?? Don't you adjust the elastic in those as well? (i never used them before myself)

As far as trim diapers.. I am a fan of the BumGenius Elementals. They are super absorbent and very trim.. I know you mentioned that you didn't like the pockets but wasn't sure of the specific reason why. Also best bottoms are trim, but they probably aren't the greatest for a EBF baby since the cover would get messy with every poo.

Bamboo is very absorbent and usually pretty trim.

Here is a chart on cloth diapering detergents. Some people have no issues with the free and clear but after a while will.. Generally they have additives to them that can cause build up.
http://www.diaperjungle.com/detergent-chart.html
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ivycrystals » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:00 am

The trimmest diapers will be AIOs. I found my pockets to be trimmer if I stuffed with a pf vs the 2 mf inserts that they usually come with. I second that the BG Elementals are very very trim. So are Easy Fits from Bummis. And if you're already using pfs, flats are equally easy and they are super trim with a cover!
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby flygirl44 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:50 am

I wouldn't use a "free and clear" detergent, but that's just me. You are better off using what you are using, a natural organic product like the soap nuts (we also use soap nuts, just a different brand) The Free and clear soaps still often contain enzymes that will build up on your diapers. They are just free and clear of smells and bleaches, most chemicals etc.

I found that Best Bottom diapers are pretty trim. They are a hybrid so you can just switch out the soaker in it and reuse the shell as long as it's not soiled. We also use our Best Bottom shells with prefolds, although the snap-in shells that are made for them do work a little better.
Me (Nicole)-35 :love: DH40

ImageImage
ImageImage
flygirl44
Angel
Angel

Postby BrookiesMommy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:02 pm

I use the no name chinese pocket diapers and flip. Havent had any problems with leaking or redness i also use rockin green cd detergent and LOVE it.
Brooklyn Rae 7-9-11 6lbs 11oz 20in long
Logan Andrew 8-31-12 6lbs 9oz 19in long
BrookiesMommy
Star Member
Star Member

Postby nikki_121703 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses!!! I finally got my FB adjusted right and they are fitting him good now :) but the sunbaby fits him best so I'm getting more of those!!
Me 27 Dh 32 Dd 7 Ds born 8/2/11

Image<div>www.hyenacart.com/SugarSugars</div><div>Seriously Sweet Fluff for mom and baby</div>
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
nikki_121703
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Cloth Diapering