Too forward?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Too forward?

Postby stefanielynn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 am

A friend of mine is pregnant with her first (about 16 weeks, I believe) and I offered to let her borrow all my newborn and size small diapers when the baby comes--would get her through about 6 months, depending on the size of her baby. She said she hadn't really thought about cloth, but did ask me some questions about it. We have a bible study at their house every Wednesday, and spend about the first hour chatting and eating. I put a bag together of a bunch of different diapers--PFs, covers, OS pockets, sized pockets, AIOs, Hybrids, etc--and thought I would bring it over to show her just so she can see all the different types of cloth that are available these days. Do you think that is too forward/too much pushing? I just love my cloth and think that most people who tried it would, too. With my first I had no idea what cloth diapering today meant, so I'd just like to introduce it to her so she can make a fully informed decision.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sunnib » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:09 pm

I dont think its to forward at all. I would have loved to have someone around that would not only been able to answer questions but to offer their NB stash! All my friends thought (and most still do) I was nuts when I told them we where going to cd.
Me (Sunni) -27
DH (James) -32
Zander- 1/31/11 34w4d
Grayson Surprise BFP 7/7/13... Born 2/25/14 39w
Surprise BFP 3/1/15 ...It's a girl!!

sunnib
Angel
Angel

Postby aimsy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:56 am

Do it! :) I just love this post, because I was recently involved in a bible study where I would bring cloth diapers and show them off to all the other girls who were married but not pregnant yet, LOL!!!

They all got a kick out of it ... they thought it was cute how excited I was about cloth! But I convinced at least one to do it, who knows about the others! :)
DD1: 1-31-08
DD2: 8-13-10
aka: gbpackerfan
ImageImage
aimsy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:12 pm

I brought them and it went well. I don't know if she'll use cloth or not (I don't think she knows either...she's just anxious to get to the gender u/s at this point!), but she was definitely interested in learning and had lots of questions. At least I don't have to wonder if she'd have chosen something different if she'd known more.

My husband was funny though. He pulled the dad-to-be aside and gave him a man-to-man version (his run through was much quicker). "This is a diaper (pulling out a prefold). You fold it like this, put it in this--it's a cover--velcro it. Done. This is another diaper. You stuff this inside, no cover. Easy as long as she stuffs it for me. This one...this one is complicated. I don't like it. Your wife can do this one (it was a fitted with snaps...for some reason those freak him out, lol). And this one...huh. I don't think I've ever used this one. I don't know what it is (GroBaby)." I enjoyed his tutorial. :)
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fodla » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 pm

I personally wouldn't want hand-me-down diapers, but I would have LOVED it if someone could have talked me through all the different options.
I'm Emma!

DD Jessie, 08/12/11
Current LO EDD 01/03/16
fodla
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emmo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Can you be my friend? I want someone to offer that! lol :wink:
Me: 31
DH: 32
DS: 4 (Nov 2008 baby)
DD: 1 (Nov 2011 baby)

Image Image :cloth diapering:
Emmo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ttcintx » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:39 am

Emmo wrote:Can you be my friend? I want someone to offer that! lol :wink:

Seriously!! Sounds like a great way to get someone interested. Your DH's tutorial sounds fantastic :P.
Me: Louise – 40something
DH: David - older than Me!
Married 14 years
DD: 10/07
DS: 9/09

He's here!! DS2: 6lbs15oz born 10/22/11
ttcintx
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:47 am

It was hilarious, and the other dad's face was so much fun to watch. He was nodding but was totally obviously thinking "I have no idea what he's talking about."

I didn't leave those diapers, I just wanted to show her all that's available in case she decides to go that route so she'll have some ideas of what she'd like to order. She did ask the prices on different ones, so she is budgeting that, at least in her head. I'm offering NB and small PFs, covers for those sizes if she has a girl, two small BG AIOs (and by the time her baby comes, probably two mediums as well), and a couple of small Happy Heiny pockets. Not a whole lot since I sent some back to my cousin when she got unexpectedly pregnant (she sent me some NB fitteds and covers). I'm not weirded out at all by used dipes, though I know I take good care of mine and carefully clean any used ones I get. :?
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering