Dreaded yeast

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Dreaded yeast

Postby number4ontheway » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:40 pm

My baby got a yeast infection after being on two rounds of antibiotics for an ear infection. I put her in disposables for the second round since the bm's were so bad:( well now we have yeast! Right when I put her back in cloth she got all red! Wondering if she had it with the first round of meds. I am stripping all the diapers today and not using detergent but grapefruit seed extract. Suppose to kill the bacteria so hoping it does the trick! If it does not have any of you ladies experiences yeast and what got it out of the diapers? TIA!
Me(Heather) 33
DH 34
number4ontheway
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MightyMarj » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Eesh, no idea how to get yeast out of your dipes. You may have to bleach them. Hopefully someone else can give you a better suggestion. Do you know to use lotrimin AF on your baby's rash? You'll have to use a liner to protect your dipes, but it will clear up her rash.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ivycrystals » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:23 am

There are a couple of easy methods to get rid of yeast. First turn up your hot water tank as hot as it will go. You need the heat to kill the yeast. If you're using microfiber and PUL covers/pockets, use chlorine bleach. That will knock it out. If you're using natural fibers or fancy fitteds you can do non chlorine bleach like oxi clean.

If you want to stay away from bleach, you can do 1 c of apple cider vinegar or 20 drops of grapefruit seed extract in your wash.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering