Best Bottoms

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Best Bottoms

Postby Tracylee » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 am

For anyone who uses Best bottoms diapers,,, regardless of what you did initially buy for your baby, what did you actually use? Specifically, for the first few months did you really find it necessary to use more than one stay dry insert? or did you find it necessary to double it to prevent leaking. My son is a heavy wetter however he didn't start having leaking issues until well after 6 months unless of an occassional blow out so with this baby, I don't want to buy something in a smaller size that I won't end up using. Like I know around 6 months when we switch to the large size that I will need to start doubling at night and naps but did you really find it necessary at birth till like 3/4 months?

This is my first time with cloth and I don't have 2 pennies to rub together so spending $$ I don't need to is a huge concern right now.
ImageImageImage
Tracylee
Angel
Angel

Postby Sisrea » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:03 pm

I used best bottoms, but i didn't start CD my girls until they were 10mon old and i used best bottoms twords the end of last year to fit under jeans.

I am planning on using them with my new LO when he comes but the only thing that i have found online review for them is that they won't fit newborns really well, like most one size diapers.

I would assume that you wouldn't need a doubler til later on tho like you mentioned.

Also, if money is tight you could just go the PF route it is VERY inexpensive.
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 am

You can find a lot of used PFs and off brand pocket dipes (like Kawaii) on Ebay or Diaperswappers.com for a lot less than new. I bought my PFs new on www.greenmountaindiapers.com. They hold up really well and are economical.

Also, you could just check Craiglist. If you live in a "green" area, you might find some good deals on there, too!

I have a friend that uses the Econobums setup with her 9 month old (and has since he was a few weeks old) and really loves them. She says they fit great and are easy to take care of.
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aimsy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:50 pm

Econobum is also currently have a BOGO sale!! Buy one prefold/cover pack, get another free ... so you get 2 covers and 2 prefolds for 10 bucks! You would obviously have to buy a few more prefolds separately, but it's a great deal. I have tried every diaper out there, and believe it or not, I reach for my Econobums more often then some of my "expensive" diapers like the Goodmamas or whatever. :)

I have made the journey full-circle with cloth, lol, and am back to prefolds!!!

(Been CDing for almost 4 years.)

link to cottonbabies (free shipping, too!)
http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=138
DD1: 1-31-08
DD2: 8-13-10
aka: gbpackerfan
ImageImage
aimsy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering