Two Stupid Questions

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Two Stupid Questions

Postby charlotteb » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Had my first shower today and got lots of CD stuff -- so excited! But I have a couple of dumb questions. I promise, I'm usually a very smart person, but pregnancy is making me really dumb these days!

#1: I got some wipe solution. (http://www.lusaorganics.com/natural-org ... /juice.htm) The directions are for keeping a container of moist/wet wipes, but do you think it would also be ok to keep some mixed up in a water bottle, too? I know some people do a combo of wet wipes and dry wipes, so I was curious.

#2: This will be our first time with CDs, so this is all new to me. We used sposies with DS, and it was pretty easy to tell when he was wet. The diapers would look full, and you could kinda pinch/squish them a little and tell, too. How do you know when a CD is wet? Any tricks/tips? Sorry if this a really air-headed question!!
Me (Charlotte): 28
DH: 33
DS1: 3
DS2: Brand new!
Image 8/2010 1/2011 Chemical 4/2011

charlotteb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Not dumb at all!

1. I keep my wipes dry and only wet the ones I need (and I only use water). I use some BG bottom spray once she is clean, though--a spray on the bum then wipe with a dry cloth. So yes, I think you would be fine just spraying wipes as you need them.

2. Certain cloth gets squishy feeling, too. As a newborn, my general rule was to change her/check her every hour. Now I try to check her every 2-3 when she is awake, or when the dipe starts to feel "different". you will learn your baby's patterns quickly. :)
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby princesssarah85 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:46 pm

:) I just have dry wipes in the crib with a bottle of solution next to it and I wet the wipe as needed.

Certain diapers I have you can tell better when they are wet, but just check it often to be sure until you get the hang of it. You will be a fluffy pro in no time!

princesssarah85

Postby BeccaM » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:03 pm

1. I just make a homemade wipe solution and spray with a spray bottle on his bottom or on the cloth and wipe. Easy!

2. I just reach inside the leg or waist of his diaper and feel! (Then I wash my hands if he was wet :wink:).
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby photofashionista » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:55 am

BeccaM wrote:1. I just make a homemade wipe solution and spray with a spray bottle on his bottom or on the cloth and wipe. Easy!

2. I just reach inside the leg or waist of his diaper and feel! (Then I wash my hands if he was wet :wink:).

Yup! You can do the wipe solution however you want. Just check it every week for mustiness.

You'll soon get used to how often you need to change. I just do a feel test too.
Christina-32 4 miscarriages elevated FSH
Katelyn Michelle born after 4 long years of TTC 9.27.10, 8 lbs 12 oz., 20.5 "
Everett Steven 6.20.12, 8 lbs 15 oz, 21"
Cole Thomas July 17, 2014 8lbs 12 oz 21"
Nov. 2015 :angel:
https://www.facebook.com/christinaskinnerphotography
photofashionista
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering