Nighttime solution?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Nighttime solution?

Postby BeccaM » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:21 am

Any tips for me? LO was, off and on, waking up at night and we finally realized that it had at least partly to do with him feeling wet. Now, I hate to wake up in the middle of the night to change his diaper, if I can put him in a sposie and he'll sleep through the night. I do like my sleep :D. But I also don't want him wearing sposies for 10 hours at night all the time. It just seems like why bother doing cloth if he's having the sposies on his skin for that long?

BTW, he's been wearing Kawaii pocket diapers, stuffed with one insert and one folded small PF. He doesn't leak or anything, but he can feel the dampness on his skin more, maybe. I am going to try the cloth again tonight and see how he does. If he wakes up, I'll know its the diaper, since he's been sleeping 8-9 hrs straight the last few nights.

Any ideas (without me having to spend a ton of money on my stash)?
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sisrea » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:53 am

How is the insert on the diaper? Is it pretty soaked? As long as you have to the stay dry in the diaper it sounds like just might need to tweet the inserts boosted for more absorbancy...

I had a lot of success with microfiber and hemp. The microfiber absorbs quick and the hemp will hold more moisture then probably the prefold and will not squish it back out once it is full like the microfiber does.

For my girls I would use a bum genius with both small and large microfiber insert and then a hemp doubler sandwiched between the two. I made my hemp doublers that were 10x10 that i trifolded, but you could do something like this.. http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_inf ... cts_id=107 they have the small size like this and then the larger ones too, depending on your guys size. And since you are only using them for night times you should only need 2-3 depending on how often you wash.
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:33 am

I stuff my night time diapers (BG pockets) with a NB GMD prefold and a microfiber insert. The diaper gets really wet and heavy, but the part against her skin stays dry. My issue is that her legs are so skinny I have to put a cover over the pocket to keep the leg leaking under control. I need new dipes, just haven't been able to justify them with Christmas around the corner!
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ivycrystals » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:42 pm

When the wet seemed to bother L I did like sisrea and did mf and hemp in a BGOS shell.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:51 am

Thanks, ladies. CAn you buy those hemp inserts separately, like on Ebay or diaper swappers or something?
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sisrea » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

The link i posted in the original reply is just for a hemp insert alone, hemp babies little weeks insert, But im sure you could look up hemp inserts anywhere and see what is available.
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:37 am

Sisrea wrote:The link i posted in the original reply is just for a hemp insert alone, hemp babies little weeks insert, But im sure you could look up hemp inserts anywhere and see what is available.

I bid on a pair of hemp inserts for a good price on Ebay but I lost that bid. I just want to try them and see if they work. Put LO In a cloth diaper last night and he slept well, so maybe it wasn't just the diapers?

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering