What do you ladies think?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What do you ladies think?

Postby kaylxo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:22 pm

So I've been googling a lot; to say the least. And google has made me love Rumparooz. And then today I found a sale on them, and nearly bought 24 of the OS pocket diapers. But then I started liking the idea of prefolds as another option. So I'm torn between going with 24 Rumparooz pocket diapers or splitting it up and getting 12 Rumparooz pocket diapers, and maybe 6 or 8 Rumparooz OS covers and then getting 2 or 3 dozen of the the gmd, clotheez, whatever you call them prefolds. Thoughts?

kaylxo
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stefanielynn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Honestly, I would break it up. If you end up not liking the Rumparooz for whatever reason, you'd be stuck with an entire stash and nothing else. Plus OS dipes don't tend to fit newborns well...it's around 12 lbs or so before they start to work, despite advertised numbers. And I just discovered that babies can go through phases where one day a certain dipe fits them great, the next it doesn't, and then a few months later it does again. So basically I am all about stash variety!

What size GMDs are you wanting to get? 3 dozen of one size is really a lot.

Sorry for the incoherent/messy typing...NAK
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kaylxo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:39 pm

I was going to get a dozen newborn and 2 dozen small.

And thanks, I think I will split it up! It's cheaper that way as well. :)

kaylxo
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stefanielynn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 am

Honestly, I think I'd switch it around--get 2 dozen newborn and one dozen small. The newborn probably won't fit in the pockets and you want AT LEAST 2 dozen diapers for every other day washing for a newborn. I found I was more comfortable having around 30. Once baby goes into the small prefolds, the pockets should start fitting, so you'd have plenty with only a dozen. :)
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kaylxo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:36 pm

The pockets I ordered come with their own inserts so the prefolds are just for the covers, the inserts that come with the pockets are too drying to be used in covers cause they're not supposed to be direct contact with babies skin.
Maybe I'll get 2 dozen of newborn and small then. :) Thanks for your help!!

kaylxo
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stefanielynn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:58 am

Your reply confused me and then I read what I wrote--I meant the newborn BABY probably won't fit in the pockets. What I wrote made it sound like I meant the NB prefolds! Sorry about that!

And, for future reference, if you need to make your pockets more absorbant (like for night time), the GMD prefolds are GREAT inserts. I use a trifolded prefold and a microfiber insert in my pockets for night time. :wink:
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering