Wool for night time use - heavy wetters?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Wool for night time use - heavy wetters?

Postby Cakebossmom » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:33 am

DS is a super duper heavy wetter at night. I never found a cloth diaper combination that prevented night time leaks so we've been using one sposie a day just for night since he's been sleeping through. He's also very prone to eczema and the CD worn for 12hrs was horrible for that.

I am determined to CD my daughter at night once she's born. I've been researching wool and they have good reviews, but given my experience with DS, I am a bit skeptical. (He even often leaks through sposies, regardless of the brand. His diaper seems to weigh 10lbs every morning).

Can anyone share their experience with wool? Do's & don'ts. Love it? Hate it? Does it really work that well? Should I invest in wool covers? All recommendations welcome.

TIA
DS born May 2010
DD born April 2012
Expecting #3 July 20, 2014!
Cakebossmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KimmyH » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:06 am

Fitteds and wool have been a leak proof combination for us, and DD has been sleeping 12-13 hours straight since 14ish months. A good quality fitted can be very absorbent and (unlike pockets) they don't get compression leaks even when sopping wet. If your fitted wasn't absorbent enough for your baby and you needed to add another doubler, the wool will help soak up the extra and at worse feel a bit damp in the morning. There are a lot of options, but our go to combos are either a Motherease Bamboo Sandy with a large hemp doubler and a Motherease Staydry doubler or a SBish OBF fitted (sloomb.com), and a WCW double layer in the wetzone wool soaker or Imse Vimse Bumpy wool wrap. For the eczema, try using CJs Butter all over the bum (I like the spritz) before you put the diaper on.
Me 29 DH 34 married 5/12/2007

Julia Paige 2/15/2010 6lbs 2oz 19in
Clara Madison 5/7/2012 7lbs 8oz 19.25in

ImageImage
KimmyH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering