Almost finished with my Newborn Stash! pics included :)

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Almost finished with my Newborn Stash! pics included :)

Postby KimmyH » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

I am only 24 weeks pregnant, but I have been buying every great deal that I come across since I was 5 weeks pregnant. I think I need to stop soon. :wink: I like to stick with natural fibers and breathable covers, especially since we are expecting a May baby in Florida. I have spent just about $300 so far on this stash.

Fitteds and AIOs:
left to right:
3 Mutts NB fitteds
3 Grahm Bear Wear NB fitteds
4 Lil Joeys AIOs
4 Tinkle Trap prefitteds
3 Motherease XS Sandys fitteds

Prefolds, prefitteds:
front, left to right:
12 GMD orange edge prefolds
6 GMD NB prefitteds (I have 10 more OTW, for 16 in total)
2 Snugglebottoms NB fitteds

Covers:
Top to bottom:
Lil Joeys AIO for size comparison
2 Loveybums NB/S Pull-on wool soakers
2 Nikky's cotton wraps (I have 1 more not pictured)
1 Wild Child for Babies fleece soaker
Plus, 2 more Loveybums NB/S wool wraps OTW

In total, that is 31 fitteds, 4 AIOs, 12 prefolds and 8 covers in NB size. :D

I am still wanting a couple of tiny wool sleepsacks, but I am almost done with my NB stash. :D I also have about 20 GMD small prefolds, 6 GMD yellow workhorse fitteds, 6 SBish snapless, a dozen fleece and Nikky's cotton covers in size S and all the wool I saved from DD for when we size up to smalls. How the heck am I going to restrain myself from buying more for the next 3 months. 8O :D
Me 29 DH 34 married 5/12/2007

Julia Paige 2/15/2010 6lbs 2oz 19in
Clara Madison 5/7/2012 7lbs 8oz 19.25in

ImageImage
KimmyH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Wow, it's so much fun to see all the cute little cloth! You're making me want another one!! :lol:
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Totally drooling over here... great stash!
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sisrea » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 am

Very nice.. That is one heck of a newborn stash. It puts my NB stash to shame, LOL. Looks very fun and cute tho!!
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KimmyH » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks ladies! I cannot wait to have a teeny, tiny bum to put all these diapers on :hb:

ImageImage
KimmyH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lyk2scrap » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:45 pm

WOW! That's awesome! But way more than I have bought for my NB stash. Now I am worried that I did not buy enough...

I bought 12 NB GMD Fitted Workhorse Daipers, 12 GMD Prefolds, 4 NB Goodmama's, 1 Little Beetle NB Wool Cover, and 5 Prorap NB Covers. That is all I have for the NB phase. I did start buying ahead for when she gets a little bigger. I have 5 Thirsty Duo-Covers, 6 Sunbaby Pockets, 2 Goodmama's OS, 12 Small GMD Prefolds. Do you think I have enough for the NB Phase? I plan on buying more when she can fit into the OS better.
Amber

Mom to Aaron (20), Camron (17), Reagan (9), Quinn ( 8 ), Meika (3), and expecting new little surprise GIRL in Apr/'12

lyk2scrap
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KimmyH » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:54 pm

lyk2scrap wrote:WOW! That's awesome! But way more than I have bought for my NB stash. Now I am worried that I did not buy enough...

I bought 12 NB GMD Fitted Workhorse Daipers, 12 GMD Prefolds, 4 NB Goodmama's, 1 Little Beetle NB Wool Cover, and 5 Prorap NB Covers. That is all I have for the NB phase. I did start buying ahead for when she gets a little bigger. Do you ladies think I will need more?

I think your stash looks very practical! I am admittedly on the high side of a practical number of newborn diapers. They were too cute to resist! Are your prefolds the orange edge GMDS? 16 fitteds and 12 prefolds, plus 6 covers should comfortably take you 1.5-2 days between diaper laundry. I might pick up more wool (you might want to ignore me because I am a little obsessed with wool) just so you don't have just one wool piece to wash all by itself.

ETA: With DD I changed her about hourly during the day and every 3 hours during the night in newborn stage, so I would say about 18 changes in a 24 hour period is a reasonable estimate. Sometimes I put on a new diaper, and she pooped or peed in it before I got the cover on :lol:

ImageImage
KimmyH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lyk2scrap » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks Kimmy! Where did you find your wool? Everywhere I look--I am finding that they are sold out. I thought about buying some wool sweaters from the second hand store and making some, but I live in a very small town, and everyone here is into making those recycled wool gloves. I think the pickings will be VERY slim.

Do you cloth diaper already? I just laid out my stash to prepare for washing the first time and that's why I hopped on this board. Do I wash them all together--fitteds and prefolds and doublers. What about the covers? Do they have to be wash 5+ times too? Can they be washed with the diapers? It's a little overwhelming...
Amber

Mom to Aaron (20), Camron (17), Reagan (9), Quinn ( 8 ), Meika (3), and expecting new little surprise GIRL in Apr/'12

lyk2scrap
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KimmyH » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:25 pm

lyk2scrap wrote:Thanks Kimmy! Where did you find your wool? Everywhere I look--I am finding that they are sold out. I thought about buying some wool sweaters from the second hand store and making some, but I live in a very small town, and everyone here is into making those recycled wool gloves. I think the pickings will be VERY slim.

Do you cloth diaper already? I just laid out my stash to prepare for washing the first time and that's why I hopped on this board. Do I wash them all together--fitteds and prefolds and doublers. What about the covers? Do they have to be wash 5+ times too? Can they be washed with the diapers? It's a little overwhelming...

I CDed my DD1 from birth until she potty trained at 22 months. I have bought a lot of wool used from diaperswappers.com, but I also really like Loveybums wool... it is great quality and pretty reasonable. I also have a couple of Little Beetles OS covers, and they are nice too! Loveybums has an Overstock sale right now and almost always have seconds available. http://www.loveybums.com/

As for the prepping, you can prep all the fitteds, prefolds and doublers together. Make sure you use hot, hot water (turn your water heater up) and a little detergent when you are prepping. Soaking in the hot water and detergent for an hour or two before finishing the washer cylcle will help them prep in fewer cycles, but isn't essential. Since you still have a little time, I would prep wash and dry them 2-3 times and then just throw them in with your towel laundry every now and then until the baby is born. Your covers only need to be washed one time (with the diapers or with regular laundry is fine). The wool cover needs to be washed and lanolized by hand.

ImageImage
KimmyH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lyk2scrap » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:25 pm

WOW! That's alot of diaper changes in a 24 hr. time period!!! I've not tried the cloth diapering with any of my children. Thanks for the link on the wool--I picked up 2 more wool covers--a pull up one and a fitted one. Do you use the wool during the day too? or just at night?

BTW--I got the orange GMD workhorses. I really think I will like those. I am hoping anyway...;)
Amber

lyk2scrap
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KimmyH » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:31 pm

lyk2scrap wrote:WOW! That's alot of diaper changes in a 24 hr. time period!!! I've not tried the cloth diapering with any of my children. Thanks for the link on the wool--I picked up 2 more wool covers--a pull up one and a fitted one. Do you use the wool during the day too? or just at night?

BTW--I got the orange GMD workhorses. I really think I will like those. I am hoping anyway...;)

Yeah, I think most people who use cloth tend to change more frequently than with sposies. It is easier to justify changing after every little pee when you will wash and reuse the diaper as opposed to throwing it away. Plus, cloth feels wet when they pee as opposed to just getting squishy like a sposie. I love wool covers and use them day and night :) You will love the GMD workhorse combined with a loveybums soaker!

ImageImage
KimmyH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering