Tell me all about cloth menstrual pads! X-posted

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Tell me all about cloth menstrual pads! X-posted

Postby Cakebossmom » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:15 am

I'm very interested in them and I know there was a thread a while back on them in the Off Topic section. I hate disposable pads and tampons. Given that I use CD for DS (and will with DD when she's born), I figure why not go all out and convert completely.

Questions:

-Which ones would you recommend and why?
-Can they be washed with CD?
-Do the stains come out completely?
-Do, don'ts, advice, etc.
-How discreetly can you carry them around and how do you store soiled ones when out and about?
-Where should I buy them (amazon doesn't have very many)?

TIA!
DS born May 2010
DD born April 2012
Expecting #3 July 20, 2014!
Cakebossmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KatieJo3 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:54 pm

just saw this, will try to come back later with answers to your questions. I love my mama cloth!!!
KatieJo3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ivycrystals » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:27 pm

I have Blossom Pads and some from Essence of Eve. I like them both a lot! EoE is cheaper. The stains didn't come out of all of mine. I think because I don't always rinse them out. I don't get bothered by the stains though. I wash them with diapers or towels. The ones I have from EoE are flannel and patterned and don't show stains. My Blossoms are cotton velour and super soft but the stains stick b/c they are lighter colored.

I store them in a small planetwise wetbag when I'm out. I have 1 for clean and 1 for dirty. No issues with being discreet IMO.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Tell me all about cloth menstrual pads! X-posted

Postby KatieJo3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Cakebossmom wrote:-Which ones would you recommend and why?

I like Blossom and Essense of Eve They are good quality and reasonably priced.
http://hyenacart.com/stores/theessenceofeve/
http://www.blossom-pads.com/

-Can they be washed with CD?

yep!

-Do the stains come out completely?

Eh, kind of. If they don't you can always sun them like you would CDs.

-Do, don'ts, advice, etc.

Get a variety of pads .... pantyliners, day pads based on how heavy your flow is, and 3-4 overnight pads.

-How discreetly can you carry them around and how do you store soiled ones when out and about?

You can get small wetbags to carry them in. Either one for the clean & one for the soiled; or get a wetbag that has two pockets. If you search on etsy or HC you'll be able to find some.

I thought I'd only do pantyliners for non-AF days, but once i tried them I was hooked and that's all I use .... no more sposie pads.
KatieJo3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 pm

I've purchased a few panty liners and pads (for after baby gets here, so I've never actually used them for a period yet) from Pianissimo Cloth (check it out at http://hyenacart.com/stores/PianissimoCloth) . She makes the best fitted cloth dipes and so far I'm really digging the panty liners. Minky softness!
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stuckunderhere » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:03 am

I have a pad from Pianissimo Cloth (It was a tester) and frankly, it is my favorite of them all!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering