Give up or try again?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Give up or try again?

Postby Aug05Dec11mommy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:12 am

I tried to cd kennedy for about 3 days when she was 2-3 weeks old. The laundry was waaayyy too much for me to handle at the time. (we are ebf) I was game to try again and now half of my stash doesnt fit. The other half looks like its too big around the legs. She has really skinny legs. Any suggestions on what to do with a skinny legged baby? My bigger set is thirsties. Do I just need to sell them and get different dipes? I really want it to work, but I am not feeling too confident about it. I think it may end up being too much work for me with going back to school and trying to keep up with everything. Also do you have suggestions on how to make it easier for a mom who hates (and doesnt have much time) for laundry?

Jenna (28 ) DH (26)
DS - Camden (6) 8/05
DD- Kennedy (6 mos) 12/11
Aug05Dec11mommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 am

Well, one thing about cloth is, it's flexible! You can do it part time, and that's better for the environment and baby's bum than not at all! Than, if you are stressed and on the go, switch to disposables for a while.

I've found that early on I over thought cloth. It's actually pretty easy. Just stick the cloth on and when I start to get close to running out of cloth diapers, I just run a load and hang them or pop them in the dryer to dry. If we have a poopy diaper, just swish it in the toilet and then drop it in the pail. That's about it. Not too hard!

If you want to do the easiest cloth, try AIO's. They go on as easily as regular diapers. If money isn't a concern you can buy them new, but I've seen some really good lots on Craiglist or Ebay for much better prices.

I personally do prefolds and covers (Thirsties covers) and my LO has skinny legs. The covers and prefolds are easily adjusted to fit almost any leg type.

HOpe that helps!
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering