Anyone have any reviews on Sun Baby CDs from ebay?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone have any reviews on Sun Baby CDs from ebay?

Postby KT5618 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:34 am

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... OC:CA:3160

I just grabbed these off of ebay to have a closer look at them while they're so cheap. Does anyone have any experience with trying this sort? Feed back would be appreciated. Starting to lean towards cloth diapering but still feeling a bit intimidated by the whole process. hehe
Last edited by KT5618 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kathryn
Me: 31
DW: 33
DD: 2.5

Pregnant via IUI and sperm donation

KT5618
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Danika » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm not sure exactly which brand this is. I do like the pocket style diaper. I think they are the easier style especially with those first trying out cloth diapers. You can also look into Alva Baby & Sun Baby for cheaper pocket diapers. They come from China. You can search for Co OPs if you want to get cheaper prices too. They are already very inexpensive as it is. :) It's fun once you get the hang of things.. it is one of those things that can become very addicting once you see all the different kinds of diapers and prints that are available all around!
Image Image
Danika
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KT5618 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

From what I can tell they're the sun baby brand from china. They're cheap so i figure i can't loose anything by giving them a go!
-Kathryn
Me: 31
DW: 33
DD: 2.5

Pregnant via IUI and sperm donation

KT5618
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kates » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:26 pm

They are really cheap factory made diapers. I'd spend my money on a quality brand that is going to last you through your CDing career and perhaps a second one. There's a reason why brands like bum genius and blueberry/swaddlebees are seen as quality dipes because they hold up for the long haul. These don't, so I wouldn't waste money on a dipe that will fall apart within months, plus resale value on the brand names are pretty decent. :) if you're trying to save some money, check put spots corner, or diaper swappers to buy used ones.
~Katie~
momma to Alexa-5/09, our IVF baby
Surprise BFP! 4/15/12
:hb: at 6w3d, measuring perfectly!
Tyler Scott- due Christmas Day!
kates
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Anyone have any reviews on Sun Baby CDs from ebay?

Postby Canjer » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:41 pm

I tried one and I found the quality was the same as the price :/ the materials feel cheap and almost feel worse after each wash- it also leaked badly

I have had better luck with Alvas (C-series only for consistency although some other alva series were hit or miss)- the C-series materials are comparible to the high end CDs and I have never had a leak AND they work awesome for night time double stuffing if that is your case.

good luck
Mama to 2 and cheering on my "MM mommies"
Canjer
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MissyLyn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 pm

I personally have not tried them as I refuse to buy Cloth diapers from China, for me it defeats the purpose. Some I have herd have good luck with them though!
Surprise BFP
EDD 5-9-18

MissyLyn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 am

I refused to try them for the longest time since they are from China and I preferred to buy mine from American mamas. HOWEVER at our JBF sale this last time I came across the ONLY person who sells CDs in my area and she was selling these along with a few other brands. What prompted me to finally try them is that 1. they were cheap and RIGHT THERE and 2. they have an extra snap specifically meant for the thigh area. My daughter is very skinny, and pretty much all of her other diapers leak around the legs--I've resorted to putting covers over my pockets. I've only washed and tried these diapers once, but I'm actually pretty happy with them. I told my husband that if after a few more washes I still like them, I will probably buy a few more from my local mama. There was zero leaking around her legs, they are soft, and the colors are really vibrant and pretty. So I can't attest to their longterm value, but they have worked really well for me thus far and are my current stash favorites since they are my only pockets that don't leak around the legs.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering