What do you do when you're CDing but out in public?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What do you do when you're CDing but out in public?

Postby KT5618 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 am

This is probably a silly question that gets asked a lot.... but I'm wondering if say you're out at the mall or something and baby needs changing... what do you do with the dirty diaper? Are there special travel sized diaper bags to conceal the smell or do you just toss it when you're out? Forgive the ignorance... I'm just trying to think of all scenarios before I commit to this. Right now we're leaning towards CD at home and disposables for outings.
-Kathryn
Me: 31
DW: 33
DD: 2.5

Pregnant via IUI and sperm donation

KT5618
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Danika » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:04 pm

You can get things called "wet bags" (Planet Wise are a popular brand and they hold up well). They have zippers on them and you just put the whole diaper in there when it is dirty. You can keep them in there until you are ready to wash. You can use them at home to keep dirty diapers too :) They also come in a few different sizes.

Image Image
Danika
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Yep, you can get a super cute wetbag and you just put the dirty diaper in there. Very easy, keeps the wet and stink contained. I use cloth diapers when out, but I do use disposable wipes since I've found those to be easier to pack (we use cloth at home, though).
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kates » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Yep, wet bag is the way to go, even reusing a regular ole plastic bag works too. I too used disposable wipes when I was out. I never had a problem with smell or leaking with a wet bag.
~Katie~
momma to Alexa-5/09, our IVF baby
Surprise BFP! 4/15/12
:hb: at 6w3d, measuring perfectly!
Tyler Scott- due Christmas Day!
kates
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby flygirl44 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:13 am

A wet bag is great, like the ladies above suggested. Also, you can use hybrid diapers for on the go. They are disposable inserts that fit into the shell of a cloth diaper. No chemicals, biodegradable etc. Just toss them while you are out. If I'm going to be gone for just a few hours, I use the wet bag. If we are gone ALL day, I will bring the disposable inserts :)
Me (Nicole)-35 :love: DH40

ImageImage
ImageImage
flygirl44
Angel
Angel

Re: What do you do when you're CDing but out in public?

Postby BeccaM » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:50 am

I'm a cheapskate. I rewash my ziploc gallon sized bags after using them for food and use them (only one time!!) for dirty diapers. Sometimes in a pinch I use a shopping plastic bag but they don't contain the smell as well. As soon as I get home I swish the diaper if necessary or just dump the wet ones in the pail as usual.
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering