newborn pocket diapers?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

newborn pocket diapers?

Postby miaowington » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:49 pm

I am attracted to the idea of pocket diapers, but all my research indicated that they can be too big for newborns & that prefolds with covers were a better bet for a tiny baby. So I bought some prefolds & diaper covers. Then I won two newborn-size pocket diapers (with adjustable sizing) in a contest. I love them in that they are so soft & cute, but I was wondering if it's worth trying to build a stash of them? I found a woman that lets you trade them in when baby has sized out & use the credit toward larger pockets, & I'm intrigued by the idea, but obvs my baby isn't born yet & I don't know what kinds of diapers will be best on her. Any advice?
me: 33
my dude: 32
:future baby girl: Ramona Astrid is here!

BFP on 5/1/12
19DPO beta: 1638
21DPO beta: 3764
:hb: 5 weeks: 124
:hb: 7 weeks: 146
:hb: 7 weeks 5 days: 168
:hb: 12 weeks 6 days: 147
:hb: 19 weeks 6 days: 141
born via emergency Cesarean on November 30, 2012!
4lbs., 11ozs., 17.75 in.
miaowington
Star Member
Star Member

Postby stefanielynn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:33 am

Honestly I preferred the prefolds and covers for the NB stage. I had two NB pockets that I barely used because it was just so much easier to do the prefolds. NBs go through so many diapers that cleaning the PFs was just easier. n
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:11 pm

I have NB aio's, pockets and prefolds. I personally don't like the prefolds very much. My aio's are NB size but don't fit dd properly - they're tight round her belly and too loose round the legs - which is a shame as they are super cute- but I get too much leakage.
My fav is my pockets which are one size not NB and I just do them up on the smallest buttons and use two inserts for days and 3 for nights. No leaks no rash no night waking for wet nappies and 1 happy bub = a happy mum :)
I bought a variety before dd was born rather then stocking up on one type so I could wait and see what worked best for us.

DP prefers 'sposies but that's tough luck for him coz dd's bum hates them

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Re: newborn pocket diapers?

Postby Sisrea » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 am

i didn't have any pockets for the newborn stage, but mainly due to price was a factor for me. I had 6 fitteds, 7 AIO's for going out and 24 prefolds. The reason that the pockets are kinda hard to make a stash out of is alot of time just the cost since you need so many during that newborn stage, but on the flip side you can resell them as well. So if you can find somebody that does the trade then that is kinda the best of both worlds.
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: newborn pocket diapers?

Postby trynitey » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:28 am

I actually really liked the applecheeks as an AI2 system in the newborn/baby stage and they fit my 7lb baby pretty nicely. They are pocket diapers but their inserts let them be trifolded and placed on top of the fleece inner and just switch out the insert with the next diaper change. I have XS Fuzzi Bunz and find the inserts REALLY difficult to put in. I'd stick with an AI2 system or AIO's.
trynitey
Friend

Return to Cloth Diapering