confused!!!

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

confused!!!

Postby harleybella » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:56 pm

So i would love to use cloth diapers but this is our first baby and i am sooo lost!! What are the different types of cloth diapers, i have heard of some that inserts? There is also a cloth diaper service in my area but i don't know if it would be better to buy my own and clean them myself!! If someone could explain the different types of cloth diapers and the ones that are the best that would be VERY helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First Baby!
Me:26 DH:28
2 Furbabies!!
8 weeks 148!!
14 weeks 151!!
15.6 weeks 148 and its a BOY :babyb: !!!
19 weeks 129 !
22 weeks 150!!
harleybella
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: confused!!!

Postby litmajor » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 pm

I've just recently started CDing and am by no means an expert, but from what I've gathered so far...

AIOs- all in ones, self explanatory. Convenient because you don't have to take anything apart or put together, but they take forever to dry.

AI2s- all in 2s, you have an insert (or you can trifold a prefold to use as an insert) and put it in a diaper cover- some covers can be wiped out in between changes and used again with a fresh insert. My AI2s have inserts that snap in.

Pockets- they have a pocket you can stuff with an insert. These dry really quickly too, although you can't reuse the cover.

There are also prefolds and fitteds, but I don't have enough experience with either of these to really say much. Hopefully someone else can comment on them for you (and anything else I've missed).

Right now, I have Bum Genius, Best Bottoms, Tots Bots, Fuzzibuns and GroVia. The Bum Genius (I have pockets and AIOs) seem very high quality and I haven't had any issues in the short time I've used them. The Best Bottoms are AI2s and very convenient- can reuse the covers, and DH seems to prefer them. The GroVias are AI2s and nice, but you can't reuse the cover between washes and the inserts were expensive- I can't really see getting more of those when I can get something like Best Bottom that I can use more for cheaper. I don't know anyone else who has TotsBots, picked a couple up in a boutique, but I like the way they fit and the insert (which it's attached, so I guess that counts as an AIO but you still stuff it?) is so soft. I have one Fuzzibunn and I'm pretty sure I used it incorrectly, so I don't want to give a bad review when it's likely user error!

Also, most of mine are one size, which means they go from approx 8 lbs to 35 lbs. I do have two newborn AIOs, but only because they were on a really good sale and I used one for newborn pictures. I didn't even try to fully CD the newborn stage! Anyway, like I said, I'm definitely not an expert, but that's my experience thus far!
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: confused!!!

Postby harleybella » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:26 am

Thank you so much, it was really helpful!!! i did a little looking online after i read your post last night and i am liking the A12's!!!
First Baby!
Me:26 DH:28
2 Furbabies!!
8 weeks 148!!
14 weeks 151!!
15.6 weeks 148 and its a BOY :babyb: !!!
19 weeks 129 !
22 weeks 150!!
harleybella
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Cloth Diapering