Nighttime

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Nighttime

Postby litmajor » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:43 pm

I've finally tried putting a CD on my DD at night, and the two nights I've done it, no leaks whatsoever (first night she wore the diaper for 8 hours, last night I didn't change her at her 5 am feeding, so she had the dipe on for almost 12 hours). I did a TotsBots with a hemp prefold in it and then a Bum Genius AIO with an extra Bum Genius insert (small). Is that overkill? The hemp prefold made the diaper extremely bulky (and it's generally one of my less bulky diapers). I'm wondering if it's even really necessary, but not sure if I really want to test it out if it's not, haha.

Also- is it ok to leave her in a diaper all night long? I do put diaper rash cream on- I have one that says it's CD safe, and then Desitin. I don't use the Desitin with CDs, but I do have disposable liners, can I use Desitin if I have a liner on it?

Thanks in advance!
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Nighttime

Postby stefanielynn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 am

I majorly stuff my nighttime diapers. If she doesn't wake, she stays in the same diaper all night (though, admittedly, this is rare!). I normally change her in the middle of the night when she wakes just to avoid her feeling too wet/leaking (plus, if she's waking she's nursing and will likely wet more). We very, very rarely have a rash problem, and it's never been anything we can't cure with some diaperless time.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cinder4320 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:53 pm

I never change in the night anymore for my 4mo old and my 3yr old wears a nighttime diaper too and isn't changed. No issues here going 12+hrs. It did take me a while to figure out what diapers worked that long. Kawaii goodnights were working for a while then my 3yr old started going to much. Now we are using these and having luck. http://www.firstcoastfluff.com/collecti ... er-diapers It's double PUL and comes with 2 bamboo inserts.
affordable, trendy cloth diapers http://www.firstcoastfluff.com
Like us on FB http://www.facebook.com/FirstCoastFluff for specials and deals!

Due Nov. 4th 2009...Arrived Oct. 25 2009
Due Aug 31 2012...Arrived August 16 2012

m/c January 2011 @~6wks
m/c July 2011 @~8wks

ImageImage
Cinder4320
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby litmajor » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:37 am

Thanks for the responses ladies! We've stuck with the TotsBots with a hemp prefold and BG AIO with an additional small insert and it's worked out pretty well. I actually think the AIO could probably go on its own... Will look into the suggestions though, we're going to have to increase my stash soon. Thanks!
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:20 am

DS2 wears a Pianissimo Cloth minky fitted diaper with a PUL cover for 12hrs a night, and we've never had a leak... and he feeds a ton all night long :)
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering