Grovia vs. ? Plus newborn question

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Grovia vs. ? Plus newborn question

Postby alexmarie » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi ladies! I just recently started CDing DD (who is now 19 months). I started with the Grovia hybrid diapers and organic soaker pads. I do like the easiness of them, however I am having a problem with DD leaving out of them! I then bought a big pack of the Grovia AIOs (which I LOVE) but I have heard that they don't last a long time. Can someone give me some help on this or suggest their favorite and easiest CD brand they love? Also, we have #2 due early February, is it worth it to get the newborn size or should I just try and use a one size or other at the smallest size? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Me: 25
DH: 26
BFP August 22nd at only 7 dpo
DD born a week late on May 12, 2011: Harlow Marie
DS born a week late on February 9, 2013: Amicus Lucero
Pregnant with #3 Due March 8th!
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
alexmarie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Grovia vs. ? Plus newborn question

Postby stefanielynn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 am

My current favorites are Sunbabys. I resisted them for about 18 months because I prefer to buy my diapers from American mamas (like Cotton Babies), but DDs thighs are so skinny that we're having major leaking problems around the legs. The Sunbabys have adjustable thighs, so they have been the greatest for us at this stage. When we use our other diapers, I put a cover over to give added protection around the legs.

As far as the newborn, you will likely need NB diapers or disposables for the first few weeks. The one size ones, despite saying 8+ lbs, don't typically fit well until 12ish lbs. I used prefolds and covers, and some fitteds, for the NB weeks and loved them. Super cheap and easy, especially since NBs go through so many diaper changes.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering