help me get started

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

help me get started

Postby yesyesyes » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 am

So after researching id like to use Workhorse Diapers and Thirsties covers. These are found on greenmountaindiapers.com. anyone have experience with these? Do thirsties do well for nighttime or do u have a better suggestion. I dont like bummies- they are too puffy. Also, even tho this is a diaper do i need to put an insert in as well?? Im having a boy btw.
yesyesyes
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: help me get started

Postby stefanielynn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:25 am

Haven't used the workhorses, but i do love their prefolds. You don't need an extra insert with these, just put on the diaper and the cover. You might choose to use an insert for extra absorbent, and where you would put it would depend on th material it's made from. Microfiber can't be against baby's skin, so that would go between the fitted and the cover. Natural fibers like cotton, bamboo, or hemp can be against the skin, so you can put that either inside the diaper or inside the cover,whatever you prefer.

I don't fully understand your question about nighttime. Are you still talking about the thirsties covers or a different thirsties diaper? I used the thirsties duo wraps and had no problems at all with nighttime leaking.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: help me get started

Postby BeccaM » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:29 pm

I used Thirsties duo wraps and green mountain diaper prefolds with both my sons. I had very few issues with night leaking with my 1st LO, but some trouble with my 2nd LO, 5 weeks old. He is a heavier wetter. But if you double the prefolds or put an insert next to the skin, like stefanielyn said, it should work fine. I have no trouble with daytime. I have been using BumGenius one size pocket diapers at night (snapped down to their smallest size) and they have been working better and not leaking onto his clothes. I should mention, I do change his diaper 1 or 2X per night, but he nurses often and is a heavy wetter, as I mentioned, as well as he sleeps on his tummy most of the time so that causes him to leak onto the front of his clothes..
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering