Info on overnight diapers for heavy wetters

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Info on overnight diapers for heavy wetters

Postby BeccaM » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:52 am

In case this helps someone, I was having trouble with my second son leaking through every kind of diaper I put him in at night (even with changing 1 time in the night!!). He is a very heavy wetter! My friend recommended the "Kawaii Goodnight Heavy Wetter" diapers and they work really wel! I still often change him in the night, but no more leaks, and you can double stuff them when they get bigger (they come with 2 inserts). The best thing about them are their price--they are only $12.95 on Ebay, new. Just thought I'd pass that info along!
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Info on overnight diapers for heavy wetters

Postby stefanielynn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:41 am

I'll also add what works for us, since I know nights are tough for a lot of mamas. I stuff a BG with a prefold and microfiber insert. I then put a cover over the pocket to prevent any leaking.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:14 am

I plan on stuffing our fleece pockets with a hemp flat and cotton doubler. If you find the microfiber starts getting too bulky, you can always use hemp...just use something with it to help soak up the wet first since it's slower to absorb. (A thin microfiber doubler would work great but we don't use MF anymore.)
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Labamby » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:31 pm

I use sunbaby bamboo and it really helps to hold a lot. Like the hemp, I. Use a mf to soak quickly and the bamboo to absorb wayyy more. Sunbaby is really inexpensive as well. I shop at crazy4cloth :)
:babyb: 4/22/07
:babyb: 3/3/12
:babyg: 6/10/13

Handmade tutu sets, headbands/bow clips, and crochet accessories!
http://www.facebook.com/babybettyboutique1
Find us on Pinterest! @babybettyboutique
Labamby
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Cloth Diapering