New to CD - starting on 21 month old

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

New to CD - starting on 21 month old

Postby ktb0418 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:42 pm

I will be having baby #2 in January and am goign to CD him/her from the beginning.

However I do have some larger diapers I could use on my almost 22 month old DS.

I have some prefolds, Thirsties cover, Diaper Safari cover, BG 4.0 Pockets and a Babykicks fitted as well as 1 large and 1 small hemp doubler.

What do you think would be best for night? I have a friend who uses the Babykicks but her twins are only 8 months old so they probably don't pee as much. Could I use the insert that came with the BK and then would I use a hemp doubler or a prefold in there too?

I guess I am unsure of how much absorbancy I need. He is not a super soaker but does leak through certain disposables at night.

For daytime, could I just likely use a prefold and cover?
Katie: 33
DH: 33
DS#1: January 2012
DS#2: January 2014
Baby #3: EDD 1/27/16

MC: March 2011 (6.5 weeks)
ktb0418
Star Member
Star Member

Re: New to CD - starting on 21 month old

Postby Eva » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:44 am

Prefolds and covers for daytime are great! They are one of my favorite combos.

I'm not really any help on nighttime as it has been a few years since i used cd's.
Does your son sleep all night?

I really like wool at night, but i don't know if that is something that you are considering.
Eva(25)
Madison (6)
Natalie (5)
It's a boy!
Eva
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: New to CD - starting on 21 month old

Postby sarahmarie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:10 am

I would suggest putting the hemp doubler in between the prefold and then padfolding it an laying it in a cover for overnight. I did this with with my DD's and it worked quite well, I don't recall having leak but there was some morning when the diaper felt like it weighed almost 10 pounds. You will be amazed how much those sucker can soak up sometimes!

sarahmarie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering