Cloth Diapering Newbie (for a newborn)

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Cloth Diapering Newbie (for a newborn)

Postby Southern_Rayne » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:29 pm

So I have cloth diapered my son when he was around 7-8 months old so I know a little about diapering, but now I am expecting #2 in March and am wondering about the oh so wonderful meconium (the tar like poop) did you use disposables the first few days till it was out of their system or cloth right from the start? Did you use the disposable liners in your cloth diapers or how did you deal with such poops?
Also my other question is how many diapers did you start out with in your stash for newborns. So far the diapers I have got are multi size (from 8-35lbs) and I have 21 diapers, although I have been buying a few more since well you can never have too many right? :roll: I've also got a few different brands and types of diapers, so which did you guys find the best for say nap/nights, overall fit, price and product (meaning was it worth spending x amount per diaper)
My son loves his diapers (and is trying to steal some of babies diapers too) but I know a newborn EBF baby will be different from a breastfed and solid fed 8 month old (now 22 months) so any feedback is awesome and appreciated :-)
Southern_Rayne

Return to Cloth Diapering