Marketing to OB/GYN offices?

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Marketing to OB/GYN offices?

Postby eri_chicago » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:17 am

Hi, I have been lurking you guys for MONTHS. I have a question. My husband and I would like to market our photography biz to local OB/GYN offices.

I'd like to send out 5x7 promo cards to the office managers that could be included in their new mom's first visit packets.

What should my introduction letter include? Any other ideas????? Thanks in advance.
eri_chicago
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Shellbelle4 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:17 pm

Ooh - this sounds like one for the professionals. I have no idea what should be included. Hopefully one of the other ladies can help!
me 32, DH 38

DD born March 25, 2008, 8:35am, 7lb 14oz, 22 and 1/2 in
DD#2 born March 26, 2010, 4:49am, 7lb 3oz, 21in

Shellbelle4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AmandaP » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:43 pm

I thought about this too for a long while and asked a group of fellow pro's about the same thing some time ago. Several of them had marketed and had samples/fliers included in "going home" bags, ect. Most got very little response, mainly because JC Penny's and Sears have super cheap packages with free session fees also being advertised in those sample bags. *sigh*. It may be worth a try though...
Image Image
Check out the new site!: www.aprincephoto.com
AmandaP
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sweetpea3 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:59 pm

my midwife's office was filled with beautiful framed maternity and newborn photos and they had the photographer's card taped beside them. i thought that was a very good promotion technique. i loved looking at them every few weeks when preggo. in fact, the biggest pediatric clinic here also has the same thing, different photographers.
sweetpea3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AmandaP » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Now that IS a good idea! 8)
Image Image
Check out the new site!: www.aprincephoto.com
AmandaP
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby eri_chicago » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:53 pm

sweetpea3 wrote:my midwife's office was filled with beautiful framed maternity and newborn photos and they had the photographer's card taped beside them. i thought that was a very good promotion technique. i loved looking at them every few weeks when preggo. in fact, the biggest pediatric clinic here also has the same thing, different photographers.

Now, that's an AWESOME idea.
eri_chicago
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Marketing to OB/GYN offices?

Postby arsenyeivanov » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 am

I can suggest you to go through the internet, it is more helpful to you. There are many websites available on the intenet which can help you.
arsenyeivanov

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs