My Kitchenaid MIxer or Macro debate

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

My Kitchenaid MIxer or Macro debate

Postby Kylie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:24 am

The macro won out. This afternoon I found a Tamron SP AF 90mm f2.8 Di for an awesome price and I couldn't help myself. It should be here in a couple of days WOOHOO!! The thing is I only set out to buy a new tripod............( I still haven't ordered the tripod)
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
DS Harrison Lucas 8 DOB August 14th 2007
http://www.kyliedewaard.com
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:26 am

Whoo hoo! You will LOVE it!!!
I love my Nikon 105 mm 2.8. I need to bust it out more and play when Leo is sleeping now that M is back in school!

POST PICS!!!!

Tripod is really helpful, but if you get into a great patch of light, or use flash, you can get your SS high enough to take great pics handheld!

Ah, the mixer would have been nice too though. I was in serious envy of your prospective purchase! LOL!
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kylie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 am

I really do need a new tripod. I had a crappy one that broke while we were camping. I just told DP that I want a new tripod for my birthday (next month). A good heavy duty one. Unless of course I buy one before then, in which case I want a speedlight...Oh the money. I really need to stop spending but now that I'm actually making some money it just seems to slip through my fingers even easier. Photography is an expensive habit.
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
DS Harrison Lucas 8 DOB August 14th 2007
http://www.kyliedewaard.com
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:36 am

Oh I totally agree! Very expensive hobby, but so fun!

This week, I'm ordering a 5 in 1 reflector, a polarizing filter, and a stand for my SB600 speedlight, and a camera bag. It just keeps adding up! LOL!

However, so worth it, in the end, to get the photos that will last a lifetime. We'll be able to look back on our kids photos in the years to come and be happy that we invested the time and money and energy.
And who knows, maybe I'll start a business one day, when I feel I'm good enough to charge money!
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs