It's been awhile!! In need of CC.

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

It's been awhile!! In need of CC.

Postby FirstTimeMommy22 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:28 am

It's been quite a while since I've been here. Honestly, it's because I've been to lazy to get a new password for my account and I couldn't remember my old one :lol:

It's FINALLY spring here in MN and I'm taking full advantage of the fabulous weather we're having. I'm trying to practice outdoors as much as possible. I took pix indoors of Phoenix for Easter. It was kind of sunny but really cold. I also took some outdoor pix as well but I'll add those in a seperate post.. CC is MORE than welcome. :D

5.Image

6.Image

Edited to resize
Last edited by FirstTimeMommy22 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Me-24 DH-25 DD- Phoenix Grace 10/23/2008
ImageImage
FirstTimeMommy22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anxious-annie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am

She is a cutie!! and I'm in love with the outfit!

5 is my favorite in terms of processing. I think the others make her skin tone too cool (but that's just my opinion/taste). I can't tell if it's the site you used to upload the photos or not, but they look a bit grainy. Was it low-light with a high ISO or did you use photobucket (which sometimes does this to photos)? If it was low-light try to get her closer to the window (if that was the light source) and use a reflector so you can bring down the ISO and eliminate some of the noise (unless you like the grain, which some people do and some, in fact, add it later because they like it. which is fine)

In terms of pose I like 6 because she's looking at the camera which gives a connection to the viewer. A reflector might help with the dark shadow on the left side of her face (camera right).

Either way I think a collage/scrapbook page of these will be adorable!
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 am

Oh my look at her!! she's getting so big!! what a cutie! Is that a Gymboree clippee?? M has a ton of those, I LOVE them!

I think these look well thought out -- cute outfit, hair done up nicely, nice props, etc.

#2 is actually my favourite, I like to see kids playing and engaging in their own little worlds.

For the colour, she does look cool and greenish, but if you are not on a calibrated monitor that might be why the colour is off.
I prefer the processing in #1 and #3 best (for skin tones, skirt colour, etc)

For next time, I'd just pull her back a bit from the backdrop, so there isn't a shadow behind her. And just edge her more towards the light :)

what a doll! this will be a great storyboard!
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FirstTimeMommy22 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Thank you for the feed back. I'll take any and all critisism :D I'm not great at editing AT ALL lol I keep practicing though :D

@Blue-Eden- Yes, those are Gymboree clips. We have so many! I LOVE how they match the outfits. Last year it was headbands this year it's clips lol.

No, I'm not calibrated. Where can I purchase it? I think she looks a little cool as well.

@anxious-annie- Thank you. I think it the ISO was a little high since we didn't have much light but they also look different on my computer and different on photobucket. I hate that lol Thanks for the reflector idea. I think it's time I purchase one.

Thanks again, guys. I love feedback! It's the only way to get better :D
Me-24 DH-25 DD- Phoenix Grace 10/23/2008
ImageImage
FirstTimeMommy22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby puddingpop » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:19 pm

OMG I can't believe how big P has gotten! Number five is my favorite.
DD #1 I Feb 2000
DD #2 M Oct 2008
puddingpop
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Babydreamer1326 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:33 am

LOVE her! :D :D :D
Deztyni Dezyrae, 7/13/06
Caydyn Tayeshaun, 9/26/07
Layla Tymprynce, 3/20/09

Babydreamer1326
Girlfriend