Outdoor family session *take 2*

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Outdoor family session *take 2*

Postby Babydreamer1326 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 am

I did another short session with the Drake family last night. I am much happier with the photos yesterday b/c the boys were well napped, not hungry and the lighting was SOOOO much better! I took over 500 shots and these are some of my favs ;)
CC welcome!

Little brother was giving his other brother a kiss =D

Deztyni Dezyrae, 7/13/06
Caydyn Tayeshaun, 9/26/07
Layla Tymprynce, 3/20/09

Babydreamer1326
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kylie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Once again, I like the comp and these ones are much better than the pics from the first session.
There's still lots of blown white shirts and colour issues but the lighting is great! :)
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
DS Harrison Lucas 8 DOB August 14th 2007
http://www.kyliedewaard.com
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:39 am

Kylie wrote:Once again, I like the comp and these ones are much better than the pics from the first session.
There's still lots of blown white shirts and colour issues but the lighting is great! :)

Again,I agree with Kylie. The lighting is better in the shade, but I still see lots of blown shirts and faces, and colour issues.
Are you calibrated Laura? The skin tones are different on each picture (in one too magenta, in some they are green, etc).

It might be your post processing. Can we see some SOOC shots?
And what were your settings, especially shutter speed and ap, as some are oof (I'm curious if it's just motion blur from a slow shutter speed).

Great comps!~And you really got them to interact with each other and the camera, that takes a lot of skill!!! M runs from me :rofl:
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby foofuh » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 am

The poses are amazing, love them. Maybe they should all wear a different color shirt? But they are really good!!!
foofuh
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby bluebell34 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:55 am

I haunt around in here trying to learn the jargon and get tips and tricks etc but I know next to nothing about photography but wanted to say that I love pic 12 here and pic 4 in the first session. You really captured the relationship of the little brother looking up to the big brother in both pics, so sweet I got a little tug in my heart looking at them. :)
Me-Jackie 37
DD-Megan 17
DD-Naomi 13
DD-Chloe 12
DS-Caoilainn 5

bluebell34
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs