Anyone have a Nikon 3000

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone have a Nikon 3000

Postby maureen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:32 pm

I just got one for my birthday! But I know NOTHING about it. I've taken some shots. I've been looking through the instruction manual too. Does anyone have any tips for me? I don't really know anything about photography and was told this is a great beginner camera.

This may sound like a dumb question but do most of you edit your photos? If so what program do you use? I wonder if there are free editing programs???

Thanks and sorry for the dumb questions!

maureen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:56 pm

My Dh got me a 3000 for Valentines. I am still trying to figure it out. I have been using the guide option to select the settings until i figure out how to manually set things. I have also used manual took a pic switched to auto and took the same pic again to see the difference. I am also able to see what I set comapred to what the camera automatically set. I know I still have some learning to do because the auto looks a lot better. I use the guide function when I want to blur the background since it takes you step by step to set everything.

I am a visual learner. I can read a book or manual all day long, but I won't understand until I do it myself. I need hands on to learn better. I am thinking of checking the community college and see if they have a class I can take. We have a camera store that offers a 4 hour class but they charge $250 for it. That is the same as a class at the college.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

http://casesfamily.blogspot.com/

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ssgt_wifey_usmc » Wed May 12, 2010 7:45 pm

have you tried looking on youtube? i've found pretty good tips on SLR's and certain models on there. A friend of mine has the D3000 i think she's more of a fiddler than anything.

Good Luck to ya Darlin
~Carolyn (GRAND OPENING)
ImageImage

ImageImageImage
ssgt_wifey_usmc
Angel
Angel

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs