I am going to bite the bullet....

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

I am going to bite the bullet....

Postby nicolek » Fri May 14, 2010 8:21 pm

and go to school for photography. I have toyed with the idea for quite some time now, I have always wanted to know more about my camera and everything related. My work will pay for an associate's or bachelor's degree, so why not get it in something that I love. I have my film and digital SLR and just need to get signed up in some classes. I am soo nervous. I haven't been in school in over 10 years. This will definitely be a shock to the system, but a good one.
nicolek
Star Member
Star Member

Postby puddingpop » Fri May 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Nicolek good for you for going back to school. I thought long and hard before I went back to school. Right now I'm going for a BA in photography. This is a great degree and you can do a few different things with it as well. I'm not sure if I just want to be a photographer right now or an image editor. I plan on second shooting with some photographers in my area to see if I want to pursue being full bore photographer or doing something with imaging. Get ready for a shock to system for sure. There is a ton to learn besides composer and exposure. I did have some people who were very close to me question me on why photography. At this point they are all cheering me on.
DD #1 I Feb 2000
DD #2 M Oct 2008
puddingpop
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Sat May 15, 2010 11:15 am

Congrats on your decision. I am also trying to decide if I want to go to school for photography. I have BA in Business Management. I have looked around at the local colleges and community colleges. I am trrying to decide if I want a full degree or just take a few classes to get a better understanding of photography, editing and taking pctures.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

http://casesfamily.blogspot.com/

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby photofashionista » Mon May 17, 2010 12:42 pm

I would love to get a degree in photography and might just do that one day! I did take some classes at the community college (photography 101, and 102). It was a great introduction to the science behind it and getting familiar with exposure settings. This was before digital was big though so I know I need some more training on the millions of functions my camera can do. I really enjoyed working in the dark room also. I will say that for any kind of studio lighting you'll need to take a really in depth class for that since my 102 class just barely touched on it and left me with more questions than answers. Actually, I need to sign up for one in the fall if I can juggle it around a newborn.

Congrats on your big decision!!
Christina-32 4 miscarriages elevated FSH
Katelyn Michelle born after 4 long years of TTC 9.27.10, 8 lbs 12 oz., 20.5 "
Everett Steven 6.20.12, 8 lbs 15 oz, 21"
Cole Thomas July 17, 2014 8lbs 12 oz 21"
Nov. 2015 :angel:
https://www.facebook.com/christinaskinnerphotography
photofashionista
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs