Fashion Session

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Fashion Session

Postby Babydreamer1326 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to share a few shots from a fashion session I recently shot ;)
Any CC always welcome!

1. Middle finger placement was intentional ;)

Deztyni Dezyrae, 7/13/06
Caydyn Tayeshaun, 9/26/07
Layla Tymprynce, 3/20/09

Babydreamer1326
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby puddingpop » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Hey Babydreamer :D

Okay I should be studying about HDR imagery and histograms right now, but my mind is melted. I can see where your going and you are doing great :D Number 4 and 5 are my favorites. On number 3 her booty is starting to play peek a boo. I have no idea if you were after that are not, but thought to mention it. Secondly I would advise you to watch your limb chopping. I am very bad offender on this as well. Beautiful model and great job. Hey and I got an idea for you on your next shoot to try. Try getting a landscape photo in the reflection of the model's sunglasses, might be fun to try. Also I am really jealous you've got some models to shoot. Right now I've toilets, water heater pipes and my dog.
DD #1 I Feb 2000
DD #2 M Oct 2008
puddingpop
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Babydreamer1326 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:08 am

THANK YOU for the feedback!
Deztyni Dezyrae, 7/13/06
Layla Tymprynce, 3/20/09

Babydreamer1326
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby charlotteb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:12 pm

I was going to point out a couple of things, but ^^she already beat me to it. All the things I was going to say: the bit of back/booty peeking out, limb chopping, etc.

I definitely see where you're going with these. From my end, there seems to be a bit of red undertone in the highlights. However, my laptop is about two weeks overdue for a calibration.

One last thing. The topic says, "Fashion Session." If by that you mean model session, great. :) However, in the future if you're doing strictly fashion work (for example, if a store hires you to take some pics featuring their new spring line), the focus could be more on the clothes/product. In the first pic, for example, that's more a model shot. But like I said, if these were mainly for modeling purposes, then great! Just waned to make an extra, just-in-case note. ;)

Good work! I'm loving getting to watch all of you guys grow. You're all doing so well!
Me (Charlotte): 28
DH: 33
DS1: 3
DS2: Brand new!
Image 8/2010 1/2011 Chemical 4/2011

charlotteb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby photofashionista » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:18 pm

You did a great job but I think overall the model looks very stiff and posed. If you are going for commercial type stuff then it needs to be more natural, if you are going for high fashion then it can be posed but in a more relaxed way if that makes sense (flip through some magazines). If the model just wanted some sexy shots I think you deffinately accomplished that. It all depends on the market and what the images will be used for. If they are going in a portfolio for a good agency (but I doubt it because of her shape, although she is still gorgeous) then they would want more of what you see in magazines.

I hope that didn't sound too critical! I'm a former model and shoot mainly fashion myself, so I love to see other people's take on it too. Posing wise I like the shots of the last girl you did better. Then again, that's probably because the first girl had more experience and I'm guessing was more comfortable in front of the camera. It can be quite a challenge to get a model to loosen up that's new to the trade. Can't wait to see more from you! Love the one of your little boy by the way. :)
Christina-32 4 miscarriages elevated FSH
Katelyn Michelle born after 4 long years of TTC 9.27.10, 8 lbs 12 oz., 20.5 "
Everett Steven 6.20.12, 8 lbs 15 oz, 21"
Cole Thomas July 17, 2014 8lbs 12 oz 21"
Nov. 2015 :angel:
https://www.facebook.com/christinaskinnerphotography
photofashionista
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Babydreamer1326 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:51 am

THANK YOU ladies for the cc! I really appreciate it!

Yes, this girl was just looking for some fun "model" style shots ;) I'm looking forward to another session with her next week!
Deztyni Dezyrae, 7/13/06
Layla Tymprynce, 3/20/09

Babydreamer1326
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs