Help on for a Newborn shoot^__^

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Help on for a Newborn shoot^__^

Postby puddingpop » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Help me ladies! I've got a my first newborn shoot this weekend...eek 8O It is for my sister. What I need help for the shoot is it is taking place at the hospital. So I need some ideas. Right now I'm thinking of shot of the id bands but I need some more. My new niece will be a little more than 24 hours old. So unless she goes into labor before hand this shoot is going down in the hospital, so if you have any suggests, ideas or tips please let me know. I'll be using my 50mm for this as well. Thanks ladies :D
DD #1 I Feb 2000
DD #2 M Oct 2008
puddingpop
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby charlotteb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Sentimental things like hospital bands, baby hands and feet, wedding bands on baby toes, baby getting footprints taken, baby getting weighed, first bath, pics with mom and dad, bonding moments and such...bring some cute blankets, maybe, just to create some different options. For me, personally, as a mom, I would have loved to have gotten some pics of the hospital staff, as well. I can't remember the people that were there, other than the doctor, when my son was born, and they were a big part of the experience.

Would she be opposed to some breastfeeding pics (if she intends to)?
Me (Charlotte): 28
DH: 33
DS1: 3
DS2: Brand new!
Image 8/2010 1/2011 Chemical 4/2011

charlotteb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs