is this a good camera?

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

is this a good camera?

Postby coastieschick » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Canon EOS Digital Rebel
http://www.usedcameras.com/ProductDetai ... -18-55MM-E

I just need a easy to use DSLR, also are there any DSLRs that let you use the LCD screen vs the viewfinder to take your photo?

suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I think I am wearing DH down and may be able to get a camera if I can find a good deal :D
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't know much about the Canon, but I have a Nikon D3000 that I believe is the same price. I paid $500 for mine at Walmart. It was a package deal - Camera body,15-55mm lens, memory card and bag. I love it. It is a great starter DSLR. I have started taking a SLR class to learn how to get full use of it andtake better pictures.

As far as the LCD instead of the view finder, I think that is only an option on the more expensive cameras (over $1200). I thinkthe Nikon D90 may have that capability.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

http://casesfamily.blogspot.com/

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:06 pm

I ended up getting a Olympus E 410, it has the live view so I can take pics through the LCD until I get used to the viewfinder again, plus I have glasses so it seems like it'll be easier.

It comes with a 14-42 mm and 40-150mm lens, which would you recommend for everyday use? What types of shooting lenses are these???

I can't wait for it to get here and I can start taking awesome pics and joining in on some of the convo's on this board
:D :D :D :D :D
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meantangent » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:19 pm

I have the Canon T2i I love love love it!
Mommy to 3 beautiful girls and one rambunctious boy!

Tanner kenneth ^i^ Born into Gods arms
04/25/2004 I miss my son so much..
meantangent
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs