Can you give me tips please...

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Can you give me tips please...

Postby thinkpink1207 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:43 am

Here are some shots I took yesterday of my little guy for his 6 month pictures. The day was a bit overcasted and I noticed a bit of a shadow on his face but other than that can you critique me... Im trying to get better but dont have much time to play as much as I'd like to...

thinkpink1207
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Psalm139 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:57 am

I don't know what you did on the 2nd one but it looks like it's been pixelated too much. For the rest of the pictures, you need to sharpen them. If you have photoshop and have access to the levels you should go in and individually adjust the dark and midtones as well. It will give more depth to the pictures.

Example:

I sharpened, brought down the dark tones and slightly brought down the mid-tones, burned the background, dodged the eyes, and saturated the picture a little more. There is nothing you can do about the white spot on his forehead from the light. It's just overexposed or "blown out" and can't be fixed.
"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylum would be filled with mothers."
~Edgar Watson Howe
Formerly Tinyfairypeople
Psalm139
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs