Another question for the professional photogs

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Another question for the professional photogs

Postby Christie2007 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Hey ladies....please don't shoot me, haha.

I was curious how you handle people who want to order prints from you. Do they order straight on your website? Do they give you their order and you order them? And how do you handle print credits?

Also, how much do you charge for different sized prints? Such as the standard sizes, and larger.

Any help you ladies could give me would be absolutely outstanding! Thank you SO much for your help!!!
DS1 - Riley 6/29/07
DS2 - Hayden 12/4/08
DS3 - Lukas 6/3/11 - diagnosed with truncus arteriosus type I, VSD, and bicuspid aortic valve. Truncal/VSD repair (open heart sugery) 6/20/2011 at 2 weeks old.

Our Blog for Lukas
Christie2007
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anxious-annie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:29 am

I use a website called instaproofs.com for my clients to order prints. You set up your own proofing website for free, set your own prices and packages, etc. and the only time instaproofs takes money is if you get an order (they take a small percentage of the order amount) that way, if you never have someone buy prints, you never pay to use the online proofing site. They do NOT order the prints for you though. It's just for your clients to review their photos online, place the order, and pay for it online (the site sends you a check for the order amount minus their fee when you've processed the order).

Instaproofs will send you the order and then you have to contact your printer of choice (I like White House Custom Color) to get the prints made.
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs