The tale of your first DSLR

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

The tale of your first DSLR

Postby puddingpop » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Hey Ladies,
I'm writing a quick easy paper on purchasing your first DSLR. Would any of you feel so kind as to say how this was for you? During the process did you feel over whelmed by the choices? Did you feel any pressure if you made your purchase at a store by the sales associate? Was it an easy for you? Did you have buyer's remorse over anything about your camera? Thank you in advance to anybody and everybody who shares :D
DD #1 I Feb 2000
DD #2 M Oct 2008
puddingpop
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby puddingpop » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Anybody :dunno:
DD #1 I Feb 2000
DD #2 M Oct 2008
puddingpop
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:48 am

I'm trying to think :lol:

In 2004, I was in the market for a new camera but digital kind of turned me off, since I adore film. So I bought a new film camera instead, the F75 Nikon.

Then in June of 2006, for my birthday, I decided I wanted a DSLR. So dh was in Greece at the time, and went to the Nikon store to get one for me. The newest at the time was the D70s, and he knows nothing about cameras, so he just bought the latest thing, I think. He doesn't comparison shop. I don't think I sent him with any instructions, at least I can't remember it.

I loved it right away, but processing is SO different and it took a while to get the feel for digital. I did love the instant gratification of it, so I've stuck with DSLRs ever since, although I still do love film and have my camera still.
I had no living subjects at that time (was pg with M though!!!) so mostly I just shot the beach and street photography in Romania.
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby puddingpop » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Thanks Blue. Wow you were brave letting DH just pick up a DSLR for you. I dont think I could have bared that.
DD #1 I Feb 2000
DD #2 M Oct 2008
puddingpop
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs