Forum is dead!

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Forum is dead!

Postby victoria_1024 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 am

It's sad, this forum used to be really busy! Anyone interested in trying to get it moving again? I'd love this to be a place where people can share their photos and get help with editing/posing/lighting and things like that. I learned a lot on this forum when I first got my camera about 3.5 years ago. Please post if you are interested in getting things going again!
victoria_1024
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Forum is dead!

Postby luvin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 am

I'm here, I'll post! I have a Nikon d5000, with a 35m 1.8 lens. I'm a hobbist, who would eventually like to make some money at it, but I'm too scared to take pictures for other people. Makes me nervous!
It's a girl!!
Officially: Evelyn Paige
[/url]ImageImage
luvin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clrew24 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm in too!! I love photography!! I'm with you though luvin - I've done a few jobs here and there but won't do it anymore (unless it's for hobby only and no money is exchanged). As soon as money is involved there is such a pressure and stress to do well - and I hate that! I like it better as a hobby. Best way to get out there though is to start with friends and family and others will get referred to you by word of mouth. :)
Tina (me) - 30yrs
AJ (hubby) - 29 yrs
Jase - Born 12-27-12 weighing 9 lbs 3.6 oz, 21.5" long!
Clrew24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clrew24 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:36 pm

We should post in the other active groups that we are making this group active so people know its open...
Tina (me) - 30yrs
AJ (hubby) - 29 yrs
Jase - Born 12-27-12 weighing 9 lbs 3.6 oz, 21.5" long!
Clrew24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby reMaizie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:53 pm

DH and I picked up a Nikon D3100 at the post-Christmas sales after we found out we were expecting #1. We figured we could use the extra time b/t now and August 28th to learn to use it on something other than Auto :lol3:
:babyg: Piper was due August 28th, rescheduled with a planned c-section August 23rd, and arrived on her own schedule via c-section August 18th :babyg:
reMaizie

Postby victoria_1024 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Glad to see a few responses!

Luvin, I hear ya, taking pictures for other people is nerve-wracking! But a little confidence in yourself goes a long way, I'm sure you could do it!

Tina, hey lady glad to see you! That's a good idea posting in other forums, we could definitely try that. I totally agree about how taking money from people kind of increases the pressure. I prefer to be a hobbyist for now. :)

reMaizie, welcome! I don't know much about Nikons but I shoot pretty much exclusively in manual so hopefully I can help out a bit to get you off auto!

I have a Canon XS, and my lenses are a 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8. I would really like to get a zoom lens, if I could ever talk DH into letting me spend more money. Ha! I use Adobe elements for editing. I've had my camera for about 3.5 years and feel fairly confident with what I can do, but I'm always looking to get more creative and learn more. Probably about 2.5 years ago I was getting pretty serious about going into business and doing tons of photoshoots for people, but with my daughter's pregnancy and then giving birth to her I just got too busy and have decided between my full-time job and 3 kids that it's just not for me right now. I'd like to keep it up though and maybe when my kids are older it's something I could come back to.
victoria_1024
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby luvin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 am

I was practicing on my kids the other day, and it was such a stressful expirence trying to get them to sit still, look at me, and not look miserable that I ended up cutting my thumb, sweating, and yelling at everybody. I said "this is why I can't do other peoples kids!" lol

I like less posed, more "lifestyle" photography, I've learned, which is good with my kids. lol I'll post some pics later. I'd love to do a birth, and I have collected some newborn props and such. I'm ready for one more baby, and I'm having to convince DH it's not just for photography purposes.

reMaize, once you go manual, you never go back! I can help you learn some stuff. Just feel free to ask.
It's a girl!!
Officially: Evelyn Paige
[/url]ImageImage
luvin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby princess_sam » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm a little late to this thread but I would love to get it going again!

I got a canon rebel t3i for Christmas and I am dying to break free of automatic! I really want to learn how to use manual and use my camera to it's full potential. My subjects are currently mostly my two sons (1.5 and 2 months old) but also friends and family.

I will come back and post some pics!
My Blog: http://www.coreyandsamttc1.blogspot.com

DS1 - Jacob born Sept 28th/11 @40+1, 7lbs 15 oz
DS2 - Joshua born Apr 7th/13 @38+6, 6lbs 9oz

princess_sam
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs