Stop Shooting Auto!!

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Stop Shooting Auto!!

Postby booboo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:19 pm

For those trying to take the next step and break the 'auto' setting addiction :wink:

http://stopshootingauto.com/exposure-lessons-in-order/

this is a great blog, its re-teaching me all the stuff I forgot since my high school photography class 8)
booboo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby annabugsmommy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:08 pm

GREAT link Erica. Wish I had found that last year when I was trying to teach myself from scratch how to shoot manual!
annabugs mommy With God, ALL things are possible. His blessings are endless.

Image Image Image Image
Anna Bugs - 7
Tripp - 4
Isla - 5 months
annabugsmommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Christina-BFPinMT » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks so much! I'm really looking forward to learning more! I've just started playing around with the P, S, A, M modes on my Nikon D40.. what are you shooting again? I can't wait to never use my auto setting again!
Christina
ImageImage
ImageImage
Christina-BFPinMT
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lindsey » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:32 pm

Thanks. I'll have to check that out. I am still always using the auto button :oops: I figure as much as this camera cost I need to learn to use it!!
Lindsey

Postby Christina-BFPinMT » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:17 am

Lindsey wrote:Thanks. I'll have to check that out. I am still always using the auto button :oops: I figure as much as this camera cost I need to learn to use it!!

Ditto!! I feel the exact same way! I'm also afraid though that once I learn it all, I'm going to get the bug to upgrade!! My uncle has the D300, which is quite a few steps up from what I have, and I loved it, but knew it was above my head, and price range, right now!!
Christina
ImageImage
ImageImage
Christina-BFPinMT
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shannybaby » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:56 am

I cant wait to be able to get off my auto too ! I took photography class in highschool and learned all this then but I have totally ! forgotten ! and it was only 4 years ago !
Shannon :hb: Adam
ImageImage
ImageImage
Our sweet baby girl, Aspen Greer, arrived March 1st 2013 at 4:30 am weighing 6lb 20in !! <3
Shannybaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs