Millers Lab help!

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Millers Lab help!

Postby sugarlee » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:50 am

I need some help with the ordering. I'm going to be shooting some senior pictures next week and I want to get this figured out before I take them. Can you order online? They sent me an order form in the mail with labels. It seems complicated....please share anything I need to know to make it easier. TIA

ImageImage
sugarlee
Angel
Angel

Postby booboo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm pretty sure you can order online, but I havent ordered anything from them yet.

What I am currently doing.... I set up my site through zenfolio.com, and you can upload and then sell online- including editing your own prices. They work with MPix, with is a division of Millers. I thought this was a great option because now my customers can do their own ordering (at MY prices) and use their credit cards.
booboo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sugarlee » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:55 am

that sounds like a great idea! I'll have to keep that in mind. I looked into mpix...they didn't have the die cut wallets that I need and I also need the braces removal and they didn't offer that either. That's why I had to go with Millers. I just found another lab that's local and they offer everything I need..I may try them. They are a little more $ but I think if looks easier.

ImageImage
sugarlee
Angel
Angel

Postby TXlonghorn » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:07 am

I am a pro and use Miller's and I wouldn't recommend it for a one week or one time job. They are one of the best labs out there, but working with them does require a substantial amount of test prints, monitor calibration, etc. to get right. You can order online, but don't expect your first couple of orders with them to look perfect...they will later though. For a short-term print job I would try to find something local and just deal with the extra cost.
Kristen (me) ~ 28 | DH ~ 31
BFP 2/21/08 on 7th cycle of Clomid
Michael "Mr. M" was born 10/28/08! :babyb:
Surprise BFP on 4/4/09! Bradley "Boo Radley"
was born 11/20/09
TXlonghorn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs