Ahhhh!

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Ahhhh!

Postby SlainteMhath » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:12 pm

I think my camera bit the dust. Well, I think it is fixable, but I'm not sure what to do. Here is the story...

I was taking pictures of my son earlier, no problem. My friend just had a baby and wanted me to come to the hospital to take pics of her newborn. I get there and am very excited to have the opportunity to get some great pics of her little one. Turn on the camera and take one picture, no problem. Then...

The shutter closes and will not open. I hit the button again and it "spasms" (can't think of a better way to describe it). The screen on top of the camera says "Err." Error, obviously. Every time I take another picture, the same thing happens. And no pictures are written on the SD card.

I think perhaps my camera has reached it's shutter life. I'm devastated. =( I take probably 100 pictures a day on average and now I have nothing. What will I do with myself? LOL

My question is, do you think my camera has reached it's shutter life? If so, have you ever had this issue repaired? How much did it cost? Am I better off replacing the camera?

Ideas???

I'd be really keen to get a D80 or better, but if the camera cannot be repaired, I'd probably have to wait a few months to get a new one. So I'm kind of hoping the camera can be reparied.
[ImageImageImage
SlainteMhath
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommy2four+2 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Awww I am so sorry this happened. I really hope it could be fixed.
Visit My Etsy Shop:
www.serenitysbowtique.etsy.com

Mommy2four+2
Angel
Angel

Postby AmandaP » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:58 pm

it might just need a good cleaning. I hope it can be fixed! :cry:
Image Image
Check out the new site!: www.aprincephoto.com
AmandaP
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby booboo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:55 pm

what a bummer!! I agree, take it to a repair shop and get a quote.... see if it would be better financially to repair it or to just replace it.
booboo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SlainteMhath » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:12 pm

Well, I charged the battery all night (even though it was already charged) and it works today! Yeah! Except we're going out of the country in less than two months and I'm paranoid it will happen while we are on vacation. :? Not sure what we are going to do.

I had already taken the battery out and put it back in as well as the SD card, so I'm baffled!!
[ImageImageImage
SlainteMhath
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AmandaP » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:11 am

id still prolly take it and get it cleaned/looked at. perhaps it just needs a bath.

SOOOOOOOO glad its working again though! :D
Image Image
Check out the new site!: www.aprincephoto.com
AmandaP
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SlainteMhath » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:40 am

LOL! That's cute... it needs a bath. I think you are right though. It is really dusty and I think it could use a good cleaning!!
[ImageImageImage
SlainteMhath
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs