Engagement Pictures

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Engagement Pictures

Postby charlotteb » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:00 am

My best friend is getting married, and to save some money, she's asked me to do her engagement pictures.

I've never done anything this large-scale, and I'm pretty nervous about it!

In your opinion, what makes a good engagement photo? Any suggestions on shooting locations or any poses that you prefer? And advice would be greatly appreciated!

And for you pros out there, anyone have any engagement portraits that they've shot that I might could take a look at for some inspiration??

TIA, girls!!
Me (Charlotte): 28
DH: 33
DS1: 3
DS2: Brand new!
Image 8/2010 1/2011 Chemical 4/2011

charlotteb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AmandaP » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:09 pm

this is the time for YOU to start defining your own style. You can try studio lighitng or do outdoor/on location, ect. The sky is the limit.

I prefer natural locations, gardens, waterfalls, beaches, mountians, ect for good backgrounds. If outdoors, a few hours before sunset, or early in the morn are best times for the lighting.

Get creative, try multiple angles, various cropping (full body to zooming in close to thier faces), and lots of different "poses".

Have fun. Be confident. And let your imaginiation run wild and you'll do just fine.
Image Image
Check out the new site!: www.aprincephoto.com
AmandaP
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Char » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:56 pm

I do not have an answer for you but I just wanted to say that the bottom pic in your sig is SO ADORABLE!! He has got to be the cutest. My Isabella is 1 month old, too. Maybe we should keep intouch for years down the road... :)

Char
Me: 38
DH: 38
DD#1: 10 1/2 years old (conceived naturally)
DD#2: Conceived via IUI and delivered via C-section on July 23, 2008

www.babymcnab.blogspot.com
Char
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby annabugsmommy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:05 pm

I agree with Amanda. I also find interesting oportunities downtown in my hometown. Fun colored buildings, neat archetechture (spelling??), opportunities to frame the couple with columns or structures in the picture, ally-ways, etc. Here's a few links to some engagement sessions on my blog for ideas...

http://photobydee.blogspot.com/2008/04/ ... rried.html

http://photobydee.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-cant-stop.html
annabugs mommy With God, ALL things are possible. His blessings are endless.

Image Image Image Image
Anna Bugs - 7
Tripp - 4
Isla - 5 months
annabugsmommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SlainteMhath » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:36 pm

I don't have a lot of advice as I've never done an engagement shoot, but good luck! I agree with Amanda that, in terms of that type of picture, I prefer natural settings. Just get creative and have fun!
[ImageImageImage
SlainteMhath
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby charlotteb » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:28 am

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm really nervous, but also very excited!

Char - Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I say thanks, but I really had nothing to do with his cuteness. He looks just like his daddy. :)

Dee - The bride-to-be has actually decided that she wants to do the shoot at Dorothy B. Oven. Have you ever done any work there? Is it a good location? Do I have to do anything special to "reserve" it or anything??
Me (Charlotte): 28
DH: 33
DS1: 3
DS2: Brand new!
Image 8/2010 1/2011 Chemical 4/2011

charlotteb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Engagement Pictures

Postby kellyban » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:17 am

Taking pictures are the best idea to make any moment memorable. While you are going to getting married or going to celebrate the engagement. Photos can be taken easily and they are also not having more cost. At the present there are many photographers they are providing affordable wedding and engagement photography at normal rates.
kellyban

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs