D60 flash help please!

Discuss photography tips, cameras, and photo theme of the month ideas here!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

D60 flash help please!

Postby Packnutsmom+1 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:49 am

I got the D60 and am trying to figure things out.. Paxton's eyes are closed in every picture b/c I think the flash is to bright, how do I fix that? Thanks!
<div>Still here, back to the old name though!</div>
Packnutsmom+1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SlainteMhath » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:39 pm

Is there a light coming on prior to the flash? There is a light designed to help with autofocus that comes on before the flash/before the picture is taken. You can turn it off. Could that be the problem? You can also adjust the flash level, so you can turn it down if you want.

To adjust the flash in MY camera (hopefully it is similar in yours), yo go to the pencil icon, Bracketing/Flash, Flash cntrl for built-in flash, and then you would select "manual" and change the brightness of the flash.

I think your problem is likely the light that comes on prior to the flash going off and I'm trying to figure out right now how to turn it off. I thought I knew how, but as I'm playing with my camera, I realize it is still going off. So let me play around a bit...
[ImageImageImage
SlainteMhath
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Photography / Shutter Bugs