September 2008 Moms!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

September 2008 Moms!

Postby stace1979 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Hey ladies!

Thought I'd start a new forum on the advice of Katie!

Hope all is well! Ian and I met his great-grandma for brunch and he managed to eat 3 pancakes and down a whole cup of chocolate milk! He's still sleeping after almost 2 hours...knock on wood, he needs it after this busy weekend!

Well, the dog's still around, but she's still pretty touchy, I don't think she's feelin' well--I have to talk to the vet again tomorrow about possible options.
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Stace- Glad you started another one, I think she is right and it was running slow. Wow, that is a lot he ate today, and a good nap too! Hope everything works out with the dog!

I am taking Madeline tomorrow to play with a friend of mines little girl. She is three months younger than Madeline! I am sure they will have fun and she will sleep good afterward. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Me: 29
DH: 28
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BRE1986 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:31 am

Thanks for the support ladies. I just have really bad luck when it comes to relationships. I truly want to know what it feels like to be happy an inlove. I want to get out there and start back dating but its very hard. That guys that are attracted to me are not my type, and the ones that are my type are to dang young for me, lol their still in high school. I dont think im attractive enough to get a man. So I been working my butt of at the gym like crazy. I even bought workout dvds an I be working out at like 2 am. I also take Alli now and do weight watchers. I cry sometimes because I just dont understand why a guy wont approach me. Im not really looking for a boyfriend. I just want to mingle and date. Its also harder for me being that I like to date white males. Its hard to know if their into black females. Then like I said the ones that do flirt are to young. My confidence is rock bottom. Makes me want to try to work things out with my husband but Im just not happy with him so whats the point. :cry:
ME (Bre):25 DH (Justin):24 DS:3
Gave birth to my prince Briton Kodie 09/17/08 @ 4:55pm
My pumpkin Kash Michael arrived at 6:25am 10/28/11
ImageImage
Expecting #3 November 2012
BRE1986
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:26 am

Bre, if you're not happy than there really is no point ... why settle if you can get something better when the right time comes! I'm sure there's someone wonderful waiting for you!

good to see this new thread started. It should last us a while again :-)

So, found out Nick's got more teeth than I thought :lol: . He had his first 6 (4 top and 2 bottom) forever and then last week a new one in the bottom started poking through ... well, two days ago he was choking on some food so I had to stick my finger in his mouth to get it out and what do you know, he bit me with a new super sharp molar at his top left! I did not dare to try the other side ... these little buggers are SHARP :lol: I can never tell when he's teething because he hardly ever gets moody or anything unless he's really sick or something. BTW, all the cough and everything is almost completely gone! I'm just trying to keep him from any busy places so he doesn't catch anything else right now so the problems don't return. And we got a refill of his breathing medicine just in case so we have it on hand!

only 6.5 weeks to my c-section ... holy ***! I hate the thought of having another section though my recovery went really well. But we'd be risking too many complications again if I tried for VBAC so I don't even consider anything like that an option.
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Bre- I am sorry, I know that you will find the right guy soon! Sometimes it just takes a little while :wink: I am sure it would be hard to stay in a relationship that you aren't happy with. You have to do what you feel is right in your heart.

MK- yes little teeth are very sharp :lol: Glad Nick is better :) I had a section with Madeline and I would like to have a VBAC when I have my next one. My recovery went well too, it just takes time! Good luck! Just remember WALK , WALK, WALK afterwards! It helped me so much! Even though at first I couldn't go far, day by day it got better!

Oh Madeline had a rough night last night! I don't know why but she was wide awake at 2AM! I finally put her in her bed and let her cry for about 30 minutes and then she went to sleep. I kind of felt guilty :oops: but I was exhausted. I was trying to keep her quiet, b/c my husband had to get up early to go to work! She slept for about an hour this afternoon and I laid down too! Hope she sleeps better tonight! I am going to go crazy :lol:
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 am

Bre - you need to do what is best for you whether it is working on your marriage or moving on. I can say there have been times that I have been miserable in my marriage. One time was after my 2nd was born and lasted until he was almost 3. I thought about divorce and leaving but we worked through our problems. Then my mom passed away and things got bad again due my depression from my mom's death. In May 2007, I thought about leaving again and my husband and I again worked through the problems and I over came my depression. I believe the times we have encountered problems was due to either Postpartum depression or regular depression. Once I got my depression under control and figured out that is what was causing the problem, things have been wonderful. Postpartum depression can happen up to 1 year after your baby is born and I wasn't diagnosed with it until Anthony was 10 months old. It took about 6 months to overcome the depression. Here is the info I was given on PPD - http://www.acog.org/publications/patien ... /bp091.cfm This time I didn't get it.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

http://casesfamily.blogspot.com/

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Thinking of you Bre!!! I agree w/ Susan on this one..You are one wonderful woman, you keep telling yourself that! You're going through a lot..if I'm right, you're taking some college classes on top of it all too? Right? We've had our share of rockiness too (DH has anxiety issues, and I think I had a touch of ppd). It helps also to talk to someone, it made me feel a heck of a lot better. Remember to take time for yourself, too, and please don't overwork yourself to exhaustion! :hugs:

Glad Nick's better!! I can't believe the baby's almost here! These weeks will FLY by for you! Oh, yeah and molars do hurt--I made the mistake of wanting to 'feel' them!! Haha I'm glad I still have a finger left! :lol:

TTC, how did Madeline's playdate go last weekend? Ian has a ton of fun with his cousin who is 3 months younger, too (But they are the same size)

Well the dog has diabetes--all these tests and finally a diagnosis! Now if she'd stop wetting all over the house! :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Stace- she had a great time, we are going to take them again soon! What are they going to give the dog?? Maybe they could give her something for bladder issues :dunno:

We are suppose to be getting 1-2 inches of snow!!! We will see!! I am excited b/c in AL we don't ever see snow! The last time it snowed I was like in 10th grade! If it does, I will take pics and post!
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BRE1986 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks alot ladies. Stace I cant believe you remembered, Im a full time student with a double major right now. At this point I just want to know why cant i even get a date, lol. Being with my husband is not even really on my mind. I just hate when I need him to be there he gives me attitude. When I say be there I mean help with Briton. Not only when he finds the time but even when I need him most. I just being feeling terrible 75% of the time.
I cant believe its almost time for some more babies to be born. Mk Im getting excited for you. Briton snuck in two bottom molars on each side and two top on each side plus a bottom left tooth. And to think that didnt bother him. Whats making him a fussy grouch is having a cold. I hate winter. For some reason I havent been getting sick. Lost 3 pounds this week. I been doing the biggest loser bootcamp. This is week 2.
Any advice on how to get a date?? I think this is going to be a lonely year.
ImageImage
BRE1986
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Hey girls, here's something to brighten everybody's day ... I hope ...

... they look like they could be related! Maybe we should name the next baby Shrek! :lol:
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:23 am

Bre- He should be there to help you. Especially in college with a double major. That is a lot of work! I am still praying for you :) I met my husband online and a friend of mine met her husband on e -harmony . But now days you have to be careful, b/c no telling who you wind up with :lol:
I would just be yourself, and when the right guy comes along chemistry will work. I guess you could flirt a little if you see a guy you might be interested in, and see how it goes from there. I was terrible at dating though! :lol: I didn't date much at all. All the guys I met were through the internet. Some good, some terrible. I am glad I met my DH and didn't have to keep looking :)

MK- love the picture :)
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BRE1986 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:56 am

TTC thanks for the advice. I was thinking of trying e harmony but dont know if its worth the money. I was great at dating when I was in highschool. Now since my prefence in men has changed its been harder for me. Im shy an i liked to be approached by the guy. It lets me know he is interested. I feel when i flirt first I dont know what to do from there. Im over the husband thing. Im getting a divorce. I just cant do it anymore. Im deserve better an im ready for it. I just hope I dont have to wait years to even date again.

Mk your son is so cute. I love his eyes. Cant wait to see your new addition.
ImageImage
BRE1986
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Good for you! You deserve better :) I am shy too, I rather be approached by the guy! I guess if you flirt and he acts interested you could give him your number ?? I hope you can find somebody soon that will treat you right :) You never know, it kind of hits you when you aren't looking for it! I have never done e harmony so I don't know if it is worth it or not. I know they take you through a process before you can actually talk to they guy. You have to answer like a bunch of questions and they answer a bunch of questions, and you communicate and then have eventually like an open chat. That is what I know by what my mom and friend did.
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ChicagoNina » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 am

Look what cupid brought us on Valentines day!!

It us almost 2 years to conceive Jenna. I had an ectopic rupture after trying for about 8 months which left me with one tube, mild PCOS, with long and irregular cycles and I was able to get a BFP on our first cycle this time around with my CBEFM!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
ImageImage

Me (Nina) - 31 / DH - 39
DD - 2
DS - 9/30/10
ChicagoNina
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 am

ChicagoNina ... holy ***! congratulations! Glad to see more of you joining the prego boards as some of us are getting ready to leave them :-). Second time was definitely easier for us too! First time 12 months, second time 5 months ... next time ... I gotta be careful! :lol:
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES