September 2008 Moms!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby ChicagoNina » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Stace - CONGRATULATIONS!!! What awesome news. You guys must be THRILLED!! I'm glad to hear that Ian is eating well too. I know how frustrating feeding time can become when they're refusing food. Isn't it just so fun watching them develop?!?! It just amazes me at how much their speech changes on a day to day bases. Just amazing!! congratulations again and hope you have a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy!!

MK - Those pictures are way too cute!! I can't believe your little Peter is already 6 months old!! It just amazes me at how fast time flies.

Melissa - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I don't know that it ever gets easier to deal with but hopefully time will heal and you'll find a special place for your bean in your heart. My heart aches every anniversary I lost my bean and I can't say that it's gotten any easier in the last 4 years even knowing that I wouldn't have had my little Jenna if "he" stuck. But CONGRATULATIONS on your 6th!!! You are SUPERWOMAN!!! OMG I don't know how you do it. It's amazing how much emotions a little person can make you feel in a course of one day. All the power to you!!

Scases - How is work going? I'm sure you miss your LO like crazy. So have you tried potty training again? You have to tell me how it's going. I believe I have literally traumatized Jenna by trying it without being prepared. Yikes!

Selene - You have a DD that drives?!?!? OMG I can't even imagine!! The thought of Jenna going up saddens me deeply already.

Sorry if I missed anyone else....................

As for me, I'm having my c-section on October 19th!! OMG I can't believe I'm having another one. I keep telling myself that it'll be fine but we'll see. I'm not really worried about the baby or the lack of sleep but rather Jenna. I'm already feeling a tremendous amount of guilt since I know it'll affect her the most. I hope the transition will be an easy one for her.

On another note.......... What do you ladies do with your LO's to keep them entertained? I work part time so when I am home with her I want to keep her occupied but can't always find anything really good or productive to do. Now especially with the LO and winter coming I feel like I don't have many tricks up my sleeve to keep her entertained. Right now we do Gymboree classes, Library story time, cooking with mommy, and the occasional playdates. We try to get to the park and play outside as much as possible too. She likes to color and play with stickers and do her puzzles. But even with all of these things, it still doesn't fill up her days. Any new ideas??
ImageImage

Me (Nina) - 31 / DH - 39
DD - 2
DS - 9/30/10
ChicagoNina
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:52 pm

I can't believe how many of the Sept 08 moms are expecting again, but then I think about it more and remember I was pregnant with #2 when #1 was turning 2.

As far as entertaining a 2 y/o, I try my best to keep Vivian entertained. We do a lot of coloring, play with play-doh, read books, puzzles, water play and free play (let her do what ever she wants). She has a step 2 kitchen and likes to "cook" food. She recently started pretending like she is cooking, eating and drinking. She also cares for her dolls. I love to just sit there and watch her play "house"

ChicagoNina - I got laid off in June 09 and have been at home since then. It has been wonderful and I have noticed all of the kids are doing better with me not working. I have tried potty training. I put Vivian in real under wear and we tried to start. We went to the bathroom every 15 minutes and she never used the potty. She knows after she pees and comes to me to sayt she has peed but he doesn't know before she has to go. She knows where she is suppose to go so as soon as she knows before we will try again.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

http://casesfamily.blogspot.com/

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Stace, congratulations! Wow, yet another September 08 mommy expecting again!

Nick had his Early Intervention evaluation yesterday. He'll be receiving speech therapy once a week, physical therapy every other week (he walks and runs kinda funny ... but it's hopefully just related to him starting to walk pretty late and still catching up) and occupational therapy once a month. They want us to see a neurologist because of some possible sensory issues. I'm not sure what to think of that one yet, it hasn't sunk in just yet but it might be the explanation to why he's so worked up over certain things (freaks and covers his ears anytime he hears an airplane, sump pump, motorcycle, rain ... mainly deep humming noises and such), and some other sensitivities. But speech is our main worry and hopefully the therapy will help, though we're not going to be starting until mid November when we get back from overseas. He understands pretty much everything but he just won't talk or even try (other than the few words he's learned so far that he repeats all the time). I guess other than trying every day, we just have to relax and wait and see.
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:08 am

Wow congrats to all the mom's expecting again! :D
Madeline just turned two yesterday! She is doing great , her talking is really starting to take off. She is a very picky eater, but as long as she eats something, I guess I am not going to worry about it to much yet.
She will have to go to an ENT doctor on Tuesday, she has had so many ear infections, I guess they want to see what he says.
One day, she got bit by something and started breaking out and itching all over. Now she seems to be doing it every day! The ER Doctor said to give her benadryl. But I think I may take her to the pediatrician and see what they say. They may have to send her to an allergist. Right now, we are giving her benadryl. I have no idea :dunno:
Sorry it's been so long, we are really staying busy! I work full time and go to school. And between taking care of Madeline and the house sometimes it is hard to find any free time.
Me: 29
DH: 28
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:25 pm

TTC - we're going to ENT in mid October ... because of frequent ear infections and because of Nic's lack of speech ... he did have a hearing test done two weeks ago and passed with flying colors. So we'll see what they say.

sorry about Madeline going through all these issues :(
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ChicagoNina » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Scases - OMG I'm such a ding dong! I knew you were home with your kids, that post was for TTC4!! Haha.... I was going to ask you how things were going staying home with your kids, potty training and the mom day out program. Jenna seems to have an issue playing with other kids. She doesn't know how! We've had a nanny for her from the day I returned to work part time so it's always been either me the nanny or my DH home with her. I take her to playdates and group play hoping that she'll learn but it hasn't really worked.

TTC / MK - Hope the ENT visits go well. It seems a lot of babies need tubes these days for repetitive ear infections. Hopefully the ENT will figure out a good and more permenant solution for your babies.

TTC - How is work going? How bizarre the rashes sound?? I almost wonder if she developed an allergy to something she eats on a daily bases or a new detergent, soap, or something like that?? Hmmm.... hopefully it's a simple fix. KUP!

MK - My nephew has a weird sensory to natural light and his mom knew from early on that something didn't seem right. Unfortunately they could never figure out what is causing it but hopefully they'll know what it is that's causing Nic's hearing sensitivity. It's so hard to diagnose with these little babies since they can't really tell you whats going on. Good luck!
ImageImage

Me (Nina) - 31 / DH - 39
DD - 2
DS - 9/30/10
ChicagoNina
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:42 pm

MK- Glad his hearing test went well! Hope your visit goes well too! I know it will probably be better is she gets tubes but I guess I am a little fearful even though I know they do it every day, it is still a scary thought of them putting her to sleep! It will all work out ok. I trust God and know he will take care of her :)
Nina- Work is going good, besides all the drama sometimes. :roll: We were out for 2 weeks in the middle of August for training and end of year work. It was nice b/c we didn't have any kids. I think we will get another week at Christmas :) I hope so, looking forward to that. IDK about the rashes and itching. I wish I could find out some answers soon, b/c I don't want her going through this every day! As far as detergents and soap, I haven't changed anything. I don't think she has really ate anything different that I can remember. I am going to try to make a doctor appointment tomorrow to see if I can get some answers.
Thanks for the concern and care :)
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Madeline is going to have to have tubes next Thursday! I hope it makes her better.
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 pm

TTC41 wrote:Madeline is going to have to have tubes next Thursday! I hope it makes her better.

sorry you have to go through this but hopefully it will make everything a lot better for you all! I'm surprised they are going to do it so fast!

We've been waiting for our ENT appointment for over 3 months now so I'm hoping if they decide Nick needs them too they are not going to let us wait that long again!

wishing Madeline all the best and easy recovery! That's one thing I can't imagine ... having Nick out cold under anesthesia :(
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:58 pm

MK - I hope Nick is better soon too! :) Maybe you won't have to wait that long if they decided to put tubes in his ears. KUP.
Yea, I was surprised we could get an appointment with the ENT doctor and have surgery that quick too! I figured it would be the middle of October or November before she would be able to have it. I know the anesthesia part scares me a little, my friend said her baby had tubes and the only bad part she said was when they are first waking up, b/c they are so disoriented. I know GOd will protect my baby :)
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bailie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Congrats to all the pregnant mommas and good luck to all the mommas who have children going through procedures and/or therapy.

My thoughts are with you all!
DD1: 3 DD2: 2 DS: 10 months already!
bailie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:33 pm

thanks, Bailie! BTW ... I love the new pics! Your girls are so cute :)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ladybug07 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Girls! I'm just doing my once per year check in with you guys. LOL. I am terrible at posting here.

It is great to see that so many Sept 08 mommies are keeping this group alive. Congrats on everyone's pregnancies!

Just like all of you, I can't believe my baby is already 2! He's starting to talk a lot. He is still at the stage where he is climbing everything and getting into things. He keeps me busy, as does his older brother.

I am having Baby #3 in January. A baby girl this time and then I am done having babies! :)
Me 31 DH 34
DS 5
DS 3
DD is here! January 13th @ 8:42 am 6lbs, 11oz 20 inches

ImageImage
ladybug07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:09 pm

ladybug, thanks for stopping by and good luck with the new baby that's to come in a few months!

and to all girls here ... take a look at bailie's siggy!!! She's sure to have her hands full in about 8 months!!! :lol: ... CONGRATS!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bailie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:14 am

MK13 wrote:ladybug, thanks for stopping by and good luck with the new baby that's to come in a few months!

and to all girls here ... take a look at bailie's siggy!!! She's sure to have her hands full in about 8 months!!! :lol: ... CONGRATS!

Thanks, girlie!

I can't believe it. We're so shocked but I'm surprisingly SUPER excited! I told DF that I guess I was meant to be pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen, not out in the work force. LOL

Congrats, ladybug!!!!!! Girls are pretty amazing :) So glad you get to experience both worlds!
DD1: 3 DD2: 2 DS: 10 months already!
bailie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES