September 2008 Moms!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby jaysmom » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:14 am

:hi: ladies! I am horrible at updating here.

Bailie girl I am super shocked and excited for you!!!!

Congrats to all the expecting mommies. I can't believe are babies are 2. :cry: Marcus is doing great, starting to outgrow some of his food allergies. YAY :jump: :jump: We are not potty training yet, he just has no interest, and I have no interest in spending all night fighting with him about it. :lol:

DD ~ 10
DS ~ 9-3-08
jaysmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:53 pm

ladybug- congrats

Does anybody else have any problems with their child pulling hair? I picked Madeline up at daycare today and they said she had pulled hair all day today. I got on to her while we were still there and told her pulling hair hurts and she can't do it, and she started to cry. I felt bad :oops: The only reason is, I don't want to jump the gun b/c I don't see what goes on, what if they missed something and she was just defending herself. But I am not saying my child is no angel by any means either. I just don't know :dunno:
P.S. They say she has done it before.
Me: 29
DH: 28
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:22 pm

The allergy test came back and Madeline is allergic to milk. Not what I expected 8O Is anybody's else's LO allergic to milk? If so, what products do you use to replace dairy?
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 pm

TTC41 wrote:The allergy test came back and Madeline is allergic to milk. Not what I expected 8O Is anybody's else's LO allergic to milk? If so, what products do you use to replace dairy?

we are! ... both my boys are allergic to dairy. There's a lot of options ...
1. soy milk (but a lot of children can't tolerate soy even if it doesn't show positive on the allergy test ... like Nick ... he can't have soy but didn't test positive) ...
2. there's rice milk which seems to be a popular choice though it's now not recommended for little children due to trace amounts of arsenic that are obviously no good for anyone but especially little children
3. goat's milk ... some kids with cow's milk protein allergy can handle goat's milk well but some are allergic .... worth trying out. Goat's milk is very healthy! ... Nick does well with goat milk as long as I don't give him more than about 8oz a day ... once I give him more he gets a rash on his face (found that through trial and error) (about $3.30 / quart at our Walmart supercenter)
4. almond milk ... I love love LOVE this one! And Nick likes it a lot too ... I actually mix it with goat's milk for him ... so he doesn't get too much of goat's to trigger his rash and because almond milk is cheaper than goat milk (about $3 / half galon carton at Walmart supercenter)
5. I just found out about Hemp milk today and want to try it soon. Comes to be about the price of goat's milk so rather pricey but has a lot of great nutrition in it ... high calories, a lot of omega 3 & 6, protein, B12 and some other "good stuff" ... I want to try this one mainly because Nick drinks a lot of milk and both almond and rice (if you were to try that one) have very little calories.

Is she allergic to milk protein or just lactose intolerant? ... You can try Lactaid (lactose-free milk) to see how she handles that one. For some strange reason Nick can't do lactose-free milk but is fine with lactose-free formula ... I guess the protein is broken down enough so it doesn't bother him.

Also ... read labels on everything you buy what you want to give her ... any crackers, bread ... anything like that it will say if it has any milk in it. You'd be surprised how many things have milk in them.

I hope this helps a little? Let me know if you have any specific questions. I've become pretty good at it over the last 13 months :)

We're now dealing with Peter being allergic to corn syrup which is a real struggle because it's in EVERYTHING! :(
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks MK this helps A LOT! :) I don't really know they didn't say whether it was the protein or lactose intolerant. I just know when she has it, she breaks out and itches. What about ice cream, cheese?? My MIL and her sister said margarine was ok, b/c it wasn't like butter?? Poor Peter, I am sure that is a hard. I feel sorry for these poor kids, b/c most of what they are allergic to, it is in EVERYTHING!!!!!
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 pm

I just gave you some more tips on your post at the toddler section.

Oh and Nick had his ENT appointment last week and his ears are perfect ... no fluid or anything. So no tubes needed. But we still don't know why he won't talk though we have made some speech progress in the last week. He started new physical therapy and seemed to be more interested in talking after the therapy. ... he will only try to repeat words while he's jumping, running, wrestling and doing physical activities. It's weird but it's something we can work with :)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:11 pm

That is good about the ears! Well, at least he is making some process with the talking. :) Hope he continues to do good with it!
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:25 am

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks!!!

Sorry to hear about the milk allergy--Ian's cousin has one, and my SIL has to find food that has no milk in it, which is very hard! Ian is severely allergic to peanuts, and that in itself is always a concern when he's not home and around others.

Glad everyone's doing well!!
Bailie!!!! Congrats on the good news!!! Wow!!!

And everyone else too, with their babies!
Nina--Hope all went well with your little one!
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:22 pm

It isn't severe thank God! I think it is something we can work around. I do worry when I am not around her though. I told the daycare and her Sunday School Teacher.
Is any of your children gotten into the throwing food stage??? Madeline started it and I don't know why???? I try to tell her if she don't want something just put it down or give it to me. I also tell her big girls don't throw food.
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Yes! Ian just started throwing food within the past week or two. And my dear FIL started giving him KETCHUP with his things (fries, chicken nuggets..) so he not only throws food on the floor (we have a dog, but the whole act is getting annoying!) and today he had ketchup on his finger and whipped his fingers...a whole gob of it flew across the table!!! Arggh!!! That and he feels like he needs to do everything himself--I think his tantrums are that he's getting a cold, but those are also frustrating at times!!! Hope everyone's well!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:59 am

Hey girls! We're enjoying last couple of days with my family in Europe and are flying back to the States on Sunday. I'm going to miss everybody so much but can't wait to be home and be with DH! Skype and phone just don't cut it!

Nick's been an absolute nightmare about 70% of the time ... super hyperactive and just wild and crazy. I guess being out of his normal surroundings don't do him much good. But overall the trip's been a lot of fun. Little Peter is sucha good baby right now ... and I'm ejnoying every minute of it ... I also remember that Nick used to be exactly like this too before he turned into a wild child :lol:

So, I'll be back in a few days if we survive the trip back :)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bailie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:51 am

MK13 wrote:Hey girls! We're enjoying last couple of days with my family in Europe and are flying back to the States on Sunday. I'm going to miss everybody so much but can't wait to be home and be with DH! Skype and phone just don't cut it!

Nick's been an absolute nightmare about 70% of the time ... super hyperactive and just wild and crazy. I guess being out of his normal surroundings don't do him much good. But overall the trip's been a lot of fun. Little Peter is sucha good baby right now ... and I'm ejnoying every minute of it ... I also remember that Nick used to be exactly like this too before he turned into a wild child :lol:

So, I'll be back in a few days if we survive the trip back :)

Safe travels!!

Nothing really to report here. Bailie is 2, going on 20. Lacey is a handful but they are still both amazingly well behaved tots.

I'm amazed that I'll be 10 weeks pregnant come Saturday! Wow, the girl who swore she was done having kids is having another :) Funny how life works!
DD1: 3 DD2: 2 DS: 10 months already!
bailie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Wow Bailie, congrats!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!! And yes, safe travels back to the states!

We found out we're having a GIRL!!!! We're so excited!!

Nothing else new to report here, just that Ian spent the evening playing with his cousin he hasn't seen all week....he needed to be majorly consoled when she went home to go to bed! I've never seen him so emotional! Hope this isn't a sign of times to come!
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:43 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!! :D :D :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bailie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:58 am

stace1979 wrote:Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!! :D :D :D

Happy Tday. Congrats on your little girl :)
DD1: 3 DD2: 2 DS: 10 months already!
bailie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES