September 2008 Moms!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby TTC41 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 am

:lol: that is to funny! Madeline seems to be showing signs too! You can generally tell when she is going to poop and sometimes wakes up dry! So, I guess I need to buy one and at least try to see how she does!
Me: 29
DH: 28
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:08 am

I have been thinking about potty training. We got a potty on clearance at Target last month. It was $10 instead of $30. I also got a pack of pull ups (coupon was getting ready to expire) so we are ready when she is. I tried with older DD when she was 18 months and she wasn't ready. Then I tried again when she turned 2. She was completely potty trained in 1.5 months even at night. She got really interested in it when her brother was born and about 2-3 weeks after he was born she would not let me put a pull up on her. It was night time and I really was not looking forward to being woke up in the middle of the night because she wet her bed. I knew I was already going to be up a few times with a newborn, but I was exhausted and let her wear big girl panties to bed. After that we never had an accident or wet the bed. I am hoping it is that easy this time too. I am not looking forward to potty training. maybe I will get the potty out and she was she does. When I have to go I say mommy needs to go potty and she knows what that means because she always goes to the bathroom.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

http://casesfamily.blogspot.com/

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mollyd123 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:52 am

We bought a potty for Camryn but no interest yet....
mollyd123
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:32 pm

scases - wow that is amazing with DD that is quick timing! I saw something on Dr. Phil about potty training. Where you get a potty and make like the baby doll goes and potties, and then you let them sit on the potty,and you teach them that way. I wonder if it really works????

At least I know I am not falling behind then, I think I am going to wait until maybe 18 months, don't push it but introduce it.
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:54 pm

We have a potty and I unboxed it yesterday. She sat on it with her clothes on while I was in the bathroom. Now everytime she goes in the bathroom she picks it up and tries to carry it out. I think she thinks it is a chair. Here is the one I got. I bought a basic one even thought I was tempted to buy another one that looked fun. It was a princess potty that played music.

http://www.learningcurve.com/product/de ... cale=en_US

I am waiting until 18 months too since I was unsuccessful with the other kids until closer to 2.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:32 pm

:lol: where did you get it??????
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:44 pm

I found it on clearance for $10 at Target last month. There is a similar one at BRU.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3620292

Walmart has the same one I got but their website says it isn't available in the store,but you could always use site to store for free shipping

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Yea ... em/4645527
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:09 pm

will check it out, thanks! :)

Oh, I didn't tell what happened the other day when I went to go get my IUD put in. B/C I wasn't on my AF they wouldn't put it in. He ask me how long had it been since AF and I said like 2 weeks and I had been w/0 pills for 2 weeks. THen he proceeds to tell me first: Can you abstain for 2 -3 more weeks until you get your AF and I can put it in then 8O Can you see me going home and telling my DH that! :lol: So he did give me pills and when I start I have to go back. They did a pregnancy test since I was w/o pills for 2 weeks but it was negative. But I think I was ovulating last week, so who knows. I guess we will see in a couple of weeks. Anyway, I played a trick on my DH when I got home and told him we couldn't for two weeks his face was priceless and then I pulled out the pills and told him the doctor gave me these until I started.
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:46 pm

When I had my IUD put in after Anthony I had to go on CD2 or CD3. They do this because your cervix is open and it is easier to get the IUD in. Otherwise they would have to dilate the cervix.

I wish I could have seen your DHs face. I loved the looks I get from DH when I tell him things that he either isn't happy about or surprises him.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 pm

Hey everyone!!!
Sorry I've been busy this week! We are planning this weekend to go to the Shrine Circus--3rd row!!!! We'll see if Ian makes it through the whole thing!! His teeth are finally breaking through--all 5 of them he has left! He is full of drama, though...his little tantrums are pretty regular. But I've been reading up on how to handle them, and I'm getting to be a professional 'diverter'!!
Anyway, hope everyone's well!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 am

Hey girls! I guess it's time for me to start thinking "birth control" pretty soon too, right? :lol: But I'm pretty sure we'll just go with the pill again. I just can't imagine having anything put inside me. I still have them from last time. It took me 5 months to finally start taking them and then after just one cycle, we decided to start ttc, so I'm still stocked up! :-)

the following is x-posted from August 08 board since I just did an update there and figured why type the exact same thing twice?

"Oh, we got an official "diagnosis" of Nick's allergies. He had the blood testing done last week as I wanted to make sure I wasn't avoiding foods he would not be allergic to for no good reason ... but as it turns out, mother's intuition works like magic ... he's now confirmed to be allergic to eggs and dairy as well. I was actually hoping that it would only be lactose intolerance but he is allergic to milk protein as well :-(. SO, we're now carefully testing soy milk ... he did not show allergic to soy but I remember him throwing up pretty bad the couple times I tried soy formula when he was about 6 months old so we need to be careful. Hopefully he has outgrown any soy issues and we can at least go that route. The next big thing is for him to start gaining weight again. He is growing but not gaining. Only about .5 lbs in the last 6 months :-(. I'm so glad he went from premie size to "oversize" in the first 9 months of his life so he still has some fat stored away he can use for growing :-). But if it does become an issue, with the official diagnosis, we can now be referred to pediatric dietitian and such since we're no longer depending just on my guesses!"

Oh, BTW ... anyone else feels like our little ones brains are doubling in size every single day? ... I get amazed so many times a day by the stuff Nick comes up with or does ... I'm always thinking ... "Huh? How did he come up with that? Where did he learn that?" :lol:

And as for potty training ... I've been wanting to do it for almost a year now! Have three potties throughout the house but decided to wait a little while longer. 1. he won't sit still for even couple seconds to play in one place not to mention sit on a potty and 2. more importantly, because of all the food allergy issues, he still has very loose stool, more like diarrhea a lot of times 2 - 4 times a day. So I'm thinking once we get the foods under control, that's when we'll give it a real shot!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:08 pm

I do agree at the brains of our little ones---Ian just the other day pointed to the TV when I dropped him off and said as clear as day "Spongebob!" Huh? And he is fascinated with the moon and can find it even if we don't see it right away. They are growing up way too fast!

Ian got his first dose of the circus today. He cried at first, but I think he was overstimulated. He calmed down about 20 mins into the show, and at the intermission, I let him walk over by the concessions and get his wiggles out. He loved the second half (the tight rope motorcycles were his favorite). Oh, and BTW, I survived the circus, too (and my fear of clowns) :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Stace- Glad the circus turned out to be good for both of you! :)

Well, I finally got a job !!!!!!!!!!! :jump: I will be a Preschool Head Start Teacher. It pays $11 a hour and has B/C&B/S insurance. I start training next Wednesday and it goes until like the first week in April and then the kids come. It is a brand new program. It is for birth - 2. I know crazy right :lol: I am kind of sad about putting Madeline in daycare. I know she will cry and I probably will too. We are going to do 2 half days Monday and Tuesday before I have to leave her Wednesday. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Kind of been busy this week getting everything together. You have to have a Background Check, Finger Printed, TB test, and a Doctor Checkup/. :roll: Already had it done for the school system but they say it is different. So we will see how it goes. I will let you know.
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm

TTC41 wrote:Well, I finally got a job !!!!!!!!!!! :jump: I will be a Preschool Head Start Teacher. It pays $11 a hour and has B/C&B/S insurance. I start training next Wednesday and it goes until like the first week in April and then the kids come. It is a brand new program. It is for birth - 2. I know crazy right :lol: I am kind of sad about putting Madeline in daycare. I know she will cry and I probably will too. We are going to do 2 half days Monday and Tuesday before I have to leave her Wednesday. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Kind of been busy this week getting everything together. You have to have a Background Check, Finger Printed, TB test, and a Doctor Checkup/. :roll: Already had it done for the school system but they say it is different. So we will see how it goes. I will let you know.

congrats on the job!
I have a "practical" question ... I hope you don't mind? Since the job pays $11/hr, how much are you left with in the end after paying taxes, daycare, insurance (like copays, deductibles, etc.), commuting to work costs and such? I'm just really curious. I was looking for a job when Nick was about 6 months old but when I did all the math I realized I'd be left with some $400-$600/month if at all, which to me was super low to have to give up being with my little one all day long and for someone else seeing all his "firsts". I was fortunate enough to be able to find a part-time job I can do from home that pays me close to that if I have enough time to spend on the job and have the best of both worlds.

I'm not asking to make you feel bad ... I hope it doesn't sound that way and I know you hate having to put Madeline into daycare. I'm just wondering if I'm that "spoiled" to think it's not worth it for me? I'm already hating the day when my little ones will be off to school and I will be working full time somewhere and not be able to be home when they get home and instead will be only able to see them very little in the evenings once I finally make it home :-( ... Ok, reading all this I'm starting to think I'm a nutcase! :lol:
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:37 pm

When I got laid off DH and I had the conversation about me returning to work and how much I would need to make to make it worth it. I told him if I only brought home and extra $200-$300 a week I was not going back. I am still getting unemployment and that is $280 a week. After putting it down on paper we decided for now (until my unemployment runs out) I will be a SAHM. Then we will talk about it again,, but I don't think I will be returning to work until Vivian starts school. The current job market for what I do is only paying $10-15 an hour. I was making $25 an hour. After taxes, daycare for 3 kids ($700 a month), gas, breakfast and lunches it is not worth it. I would only have about $150 - 200 left over each pay period or every two weeks. Then add the stress of working, coming home to cook dinner, homework, baths, bed and only getting to spend 2-3 hours with the kids. We decided having a less stressful mom and wife was better than the $150- 200 a week. We have also noticed a huge difference in our kids since I stopped working. They are much happier and the behavior probelms we have had at school in the past are no longer a problem.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES