September 2008 Moms!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby stace1979 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:56 am

Congrats MK!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!

TTC-Hope your training went well and that you're enjoying some quality time this weekend w/ Madeline :)

Ian had a stomach bug Tuesday night so I stayed home from work, and now we're on spring break, so I get the whole week to chill with him. I am so glad it's now, cuz the kids are craaaazy at school!!!

take care , all!
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 am

Yes, the only bad thing is she has a ear infection so my DH had to stay home with her on Friday. So I am hoping these antibiotics will start working soon! She hasn't had any fever today, so I am pretty sure I will be taking her back to Daycare tomorrow!
Yay for spring break!!!! Hope Ian feels better soon, that has been going around here real bad too!
Me: 29
DH: 28
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby peterpan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:53 am

Just stopping by to check in!

Congrats MK, teenie, and Nina!! :happyforyou:

Can't wait to see pics of the new one, Mk!

Nina- looks like were due together again :D I'm due Oct 24th!

Sorry to hear of the sick babies lately, never good :(

All's well here, E is a trip. She's talking so much these days. Some of her new phrases "Whatcha doinng?" "Just kidding!" "I see youu!" and "I got it!" amongst many other words. She's signing so much these days, too. This pregnancy is really kicking my rear this time. The exhaustion nausea and poor appetite do not mix well with a very active toddler :? We will be moving in July, too. That should be fun at 6 months pg! LOL.

Here she is at Chuck E Cheese for her cousins the party the other day.

ImageImage
peterpan
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Peterpan- congrats! She is beautiful!
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:15 pm

peterpan--CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your lo looks like she's having so much fun on that ride!! What a cutie!

Nothing new here--Ian's feeling better, but we went to the local 'inflatables' area, which he wanted nothing to do with bouncing around with the big kids (mainly his cousin), yet managed to get ran over by a boy who thought the step 2 rollercoaster track (all 5 feet of it) was empty....except for Ian, who was just sitting in the middle of it. He ended up with a fat lip, poor kid!
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Stace- Hope Ian's lip is better! Poor thing! We have a place like that here, and it seems like the moms don't watch the kids carefully enough. Not saying that was the case in this situation!

When I picked Madeline up from daycare today, they told me she fell asleep at the table, leaning against the wall waiting on her lunch! They could not get her to wake up and eat! :lol: They said they kept hers, but I don't think she ate very much, but they did say she had a good snack!
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm super busy so can't do personals right now ... just wanted to drop by real quick and post some spamage :-)

March 15, 12:04pm ... 6lbs 2oz, 18"

from the hospital ...
Image Image

and from 6 days old
Image Image Image
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:02 pm

awww he is so handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BRE1986 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Mk: He is beautiful. Congrats to you.
Peterpan: Girl I didnt know you were expecting again. Congrats on that. Your daughter is a very pretty girl. I love her eyes.

Ladies I have also thought about looking for work. Im going crazy staying at home with Briton all day everyday. I know that sounds sad but he is a killer. He is such a mama's boy. Everything makes him whine. He stays up late now, he wont eat, he spits, yells, screams, hits, says shut up, and stoooooooooop!!! He's always in the restroom with me, or just in every room I go to. I just started getting out the house a little with my cousins an Im kind of dating now. Its so hard to get a babysitter. Ugh it just makes me even more fed up with his father. I feel trapped. I love Briton an Im so glad he is here and he is mines but I need me time. So for now I think a job is the best way to get a break from him and earn money so I can better support him. Its crazy how I have no job an I swear I support my son all by myself with no help. But his dad works and never have money to buy him anything. I cant wait to make enough progress in school so I can get a good job, and I most def cant wait till Briton gets older. This toddler stage is not my fav.
ME (Bre):25 DH (Justin):24 DS:3
Gave birth to my prince Briton Kodie 09/17/08 @ 4:55pm
My pumpkin Kash Michael arrived at 6:25am 10/28/11
ImageImage
Expecting #3 November 2012
BRE1986
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Bre- I completely understand the wanting to work! I finally just got a job last week!! I am so excited. Daycare is a hard adjustment though for Madeline, she isn't wanting to eat and she cried her first week! It was HORRIBLE!!!!
She still won't really eat and sometimes cries but this week has been better. It will be good for him to get that interaction with other children(that is if your like me and have nobody to keep him). But as far as the dad not helping, you need to get child support, it isn't fair for you to do it all by yourself, you didn't cause it all by yourself and he SHOULD help. I would get a court order and MAKE him do it!!
As far as the behavior I don't really know Madeline is doing the hitting, biting thing so I am still trying to break her of that! It could be he is picking up the stress between you and your ex????? I don't know I have always heard children are real sensitive about that kind of thing!
I hope everything gets better for you soon!
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BRE1986 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:03 pm

I want to do the child support thing so bad, but we're not divorced yet so I dont know how that will go. An I think his behavior is coming from my nephews. Me and my "husband" do not argue infront of Briton. He loves when the three of us are together so we pretend to be happy infront of him. Congrats on starting a new job TTC. I truly cant wait to do the same. I think its time for Briton to go to child care. I used to be nervous about it but not anymore.
ME (Bre):25 DH (Justin):24 DS:3
Gave birth to my prince Briton Kodie 09/17/08 @ 4:55pm
My pumpkin Kash Michael arrived at 6:25am 10/28/11
ImageImage
Expecting #3 November 2012
BRE1986
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC41 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Thank you, I am so excited! Hope you can get some help(child support soon)! I don't know the laws. Seems like there could be something you could do. Yes, kids do pick up things from other kids so I am sure that is possible! Maybe him going to daycare and interacting with other kids will help!
TTC41
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Good to hear from you Bre--I love your profile pic!! So spring-y!!!!!!
Hope everything's going all right w/ you--I think Briton would be wonderful in daycare--I wish Ian had others his age around so he could be more social, and not be clingy when we're around kids his age too :? and I hope Clif steps up and starts paying you--I think even if the divorce isn't final he should be helping you out some way!!!! If I lived close to you, I'd babysit--Briton is so cute!!!!!

MK----Peter Jay is so alert in your pics!!! I bet Nic loves being a big brother! What an adorable baby!

Ian's lip healed real quick-now we're just dealing with excema and flare-ups--went to a dermatologist and she gave us a steroid cream and 2 suggestions for topical everyday stuff. Our family dr. said to only use it (steroid cream) til the rash is gone. Well, he broke out from both samples of lotion--and he STILL has dry patches flaring up! Plus, when he itches to hard, he breaks out in hives. I haven't changed laundry soap, so I'm thinking it must be the new lotion. Ugh! Anyone have any good ideas on moisturizers that work well for your LO?
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stace1979 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:54 am

Hey everyone,
Ok, so Ian burned himself last night on the lamp in his bedroom. It's crazy hot here (or it was the last three days, not so much today) and I went to go open his window. It happened so fast--I went to pull the blind up and he reached for his lamp--he was hysterical, and I kind of was too. I finally got him to bed, and he slept all night---but today he has a huge water blister on the palm of his hand.. Ugh!! I am not looking forward to that breaking open. Any ideas on what I could put on it after it does?
ImageImage
ImageImage
stace1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Oh, no, poor Ian! I hope it's not as painful as it sounds :-(

Life with two "babies" has been crazy busy but fun and enjoyable at the same time :-). The biggest success of the last couple of weeks ... Nick has FINALLY started to gain weight again! Since we ran into all the food allergy issues last fall, he only gained about 1lbs in 6 months and now gained 2.5lbs in just 6 weeks or so! I was really starting to worry at one point but I think we're out of the woods now!

We did hit a big sleep regression couple weeks ago. Nick's now up at least 3 times a night. Thankfully my mom is here so she gets up with him. All he wants is a bottle and he's back to sleep but I sure hope things will be back to normal ... aka sleeping THROUGH the night ... soon! He has a lot of teeth still coming through so that might be part of it.

ok, baby crying ... gotta go :-)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES