AUGUST 2009 MUMMYS! PART 2!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

AUGUST 2009 MUMMYS! PART 2!

Postby mrsc84 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:30 am

Mrsc84 :
Name: Ally
Birthday: August 4th
Babies name: Joel
Babies Birthday: August 17th

MominMD:
Name: Amy
Birthday: September 20
Babies name: Sawyer
Babies birthday: July 28

Swann81:
Name: Annie
Birthday: October 7th
Baby's name: Jordan
Baby's birthday: August 13

stacnjttc:
Name: Stacy
Birthday: June 15th
Babies name: Ronin
Babies birthday: August 8th

SundayMoon:
Name: Laura
Birthday: September 11th
Babies name: Mason
Babies birthday: August 5th

taffy75 :
Name: Dana
Birthday: August 24th
Babies name: Alex
Babies Birthday: August 12th

babyluv51 :
Name: Alison
Birthday: August 8th
Babies name: Gavin
Babies Birthday: July 10

LindsayHollis:
Name: Lindsay
Birthday: September 6th
Baby's name: Juliette
Baby's birthday: August 6th
Last edited by mrsc84 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:02 am, edited 11 times in total.
ally 25
darren 33
dsd 9
Joel-Jaydon born 17/aug/09 = 6lb 15oz

ImageImage

mrsc84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsc84 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 am

Leanne i hear u on the phone, Joel has dribbled mine to death and now it doesnt work so well :? and i have to wait to sept for an upgrade, WHOOPS!

mmmm ur breakfast sounds yummy..... what was the deal there then? how is urself and rick these days?
i find myself snapping at dh for no reason at the moment, i think im just tired and cranky, he kinda looks like a whipped dog when i do though seein as though we rarely argue, he is too laid back to argue :roll: LOL but yeah iv been finding myself having to take a deep breath and a quick reality check before i snap at him poor guy, he works so hard and comes home to the wild woman of borneo!!!

Joel is napping again right now, although wouldnt let mama nap, oh no, he was far to fussy to let me lay down next to him and snuggle, but ten minutes after leaving him be he is asleep and i darent climb in next to him he will prob wake up!!

does anyone know why everything is louder when lo is asleep??? honestly it ticks me off, the door squeaks the shrillest it ever has, i trip over or on the noisest toy, the bin men decide to turn up and shout and holler to one another whilst bangin the dustbins and its ALWAYS when he is nappin, although Joel did sleep through our smoke alarm BLARING the other night, dh decided he wanted bacon sandwhiches at 10pm so off he went 15 minutes later and he has set the damn thing off!! i havent even looked at the manual yet since moving in so im running round like a loony waving joels vest of all things to clear the smoke dont even ask why there was so much smoke, dh likes things "done" like well done LOL it was funny but not untill after the fact LOL

oh ok i hear the lil guy......
ally 25
darren 33
dsd 9

ImageImage

mrsc84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsc84 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:16 am

ah hun, im sorry things are so rough, sounds like he does need a reality check right? ur doing such a great job im just sad u dont get alot of time to urself especially with twins! i dont have much advise but dont ever feel bad for venting here! thats what we are here for :) as for arguing in front of them, yeh its not nice but sometimes these things happen dont let that stress u even more.... i hate it if i raise my voice with Joel around but at the end of the day it does happen and prob will happen as he gets older we just do what we can to shelter them but in real life that isnt as easy as we think....

on that note my stroppy lil man is bangin my legs with his walker and gettin way stroppy for dinner!
ally 25
darren 33
dsd 9

ImageImage

mrsc84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Swann81
Name: Annie
Birthday: October 7th
Baby's name: Jordan
Baby's birthday: August 13

Well, had our 6 month check up today (well, 6.5 months) and she's growing like a weed. She weighs 21lbs, is 27.5" tall, and was ready to show off to the doctor about how she is ready to crawl and how smart she is. He said he thought she would be crawling any day now and to expect her to start walking in the next 6 weeks **faint**. He said she doesn't have bronchitis, just a bad cold so far. He did put her back on Zantac because she is having troubles again and told me to keep her on soy formula. He was happy she eats 3 meals a day now and has 4 bottles. She was very interested in the light he was using to look in her ears, eyes, and up her nose. She smiled and waved at everyone at Walgreens while we waited for her prescription. She only cried for about 10 seconds after her shots but now she is a crabby little demon. **sigh** It's Dr. Seuss's birthday today and DSD's school is having a family night to celebrate but I am not sure Jordan should go out in public in her current state. lol
Jordan Alyssa
Born 8/13/09 @ 5:57am @ 40 weeks
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
Born 10/19/12 @ 3:26am @ 38 weeks
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:18 am

I have noticed my baby has developed some really weird quirks! Anyone else?

I am home today with my sick little girl and the only thing keeping her happy is to sit in her highchair with a variety of food items to choose from spread across her tray. She had those Gerber cheetos things, Cheerios, strawberries, and Fruit Loops. Then I noticed she was throwing all of the blue and red Fruit Loops off the tray onto the floor and only eating the other colors. She picks one up, looks at it, and then either puts it in her mouth or tosses it on the floor. Crazy!

She has developed a love for shoes since I put her first pair on her a couple weeks ago. She has two pairs (size 3s) and is very picky about which ones she wears when. For example, she will only wear the Zoe Sesame Street ones if she knows we are going to school. She gets the biggest smile when she sees me pull her shoes out. I thought babies were supposed to hate wearing shoes- at first anyway.

She refuses to do baby sign language, she only wants to use her own signs. She bangs her right hand for 'more' and her left hand for 'come here'. She waves hello with her right hand and goodbye with her left.

I have also noticed how sweet she is to the cats. She never grabs them or tries to pull their tail. She strokes them so sweetly on their sides and head, they all love her to pieces. Our oldest is 13 yrs old and he follows her around constantly, he insists on being curled up next to her if she is sleeping. He just purrs away and watches her sleep.
Jordan Alyssa
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stacnjttc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:05 pm

stacnjttc:
Name: Stacy
Birthday: June 15th
Babies name: Ronin
Babies birthday: August 8th

Hi Everyone,

I don't have our last forum open so I'm going to reply the best I can from memory of what you all said :).

Leanne, so cute about the girls playing with each other. So there is already some sibling rivalry huh? They both want the toy that the other one wants....cute. Crazy how our babies have such different individual personalities already. Sorry about your DB, hopefully with time he'll 'want' to spend more time with the girls then it just being a 'shift'.

Ally, I know what you mean, everything is always soooo much louder when you finally get the little guy to sleep. Especially when it's one of those days where he's really fussy, fighting the nap, and then finally you get him down, then the dog will bark, or someone will knock on the door (wait, that should be the other way around :)) the phone will ring, or the cat decides to knock something over. It's also when they're sleeping SOOOOO lightly, that every tiny little noise seems to wake them up. OHHHH I feel your pain! That's funny about the smoke alarm! Probably not funny at the time.

Annie, Jordan is such a big girl and so amazingly smart!! She seems like she's truly gifted! I've noticed lately that Ronin is understanding a lot, and trying to communicate in his own way too. I have bugs painted all over his walls, and I have been pointing them out for months now. He has a few favorites. So I'll ask him where's your caterpillar? He'll stop whatever he's doing and look right up at it, then I ask him, where's your other caterpillar and he'll look at the other one, on the other wall. Then I ask where is lady bug is, and he looks at his favorite lady bug too. I try to mix it up a bit and do it in a different order, and he knows which one is which. He too LOVES his kitties :) We have three. Our oldest one is 13 and she loves him and follows us around and lays down by him etc... He talks to the kitties, and he's surprisingly genital with them when he touches them. He likes to rub his hand over their heads. He doesn't seem to grab and twist or pull, yet anyway. He loves the doggy too. I've also started asking him 'where's daddy?' and he'll turn and look at daddy, or where's mama? and he looks at me. So I really think he's understanding so much more. When he's hungry sometimes he'll put his head down and hands on my chest and try to find my boobs, it's really cute. Anyway it's just amazing watching their minds work.

Amy, yay on Sawyer being 7 months and good job to your little sleeper :). We want another one, but it'll be at least a year or two. I want to soak up as much Ronin as possible before we have another, plus we need to be in a better financial situation, this economy has been rough on us. I'm going to be 34 in June, so I'm a bit concerned about my window of opportunity for a second, but I figure if I get pregnant at 35 I'll be ok with that.

Dana, I'm glad Alex has two teeth. How did that go? I feel like this teething is NEVER going to end. I swear Ronin is going to be a teenager with a big mouth full of gums sucking on his fists. He has two bumps on the bottom that look like they are going to pop through any day now, but I also feel like I've been waiting FOREVER, and the poor guy has such a hard time with it. He's so cute lately he tries to put everything and anything in his mouth including our faces. It's funny to hold him and out of the corner of my eye see this big, open slobbery baby mouth coming toward my cheek. I keep hearing the Jaws ...da da.....da da....da da... in my head. He bites pretty hard on my fingers too, and I can feel little hard teeth behind those gums, I just really want them to poke through so that he can hopefully have some relief, even if it's temporary relief.

Laura, I'm sorry sleep has been so bad :(. I don't blame you for having a mush brain. That sounds rough. I wish I could give you advice on what to do??? I have a hard time when Ronin wakes up three times in the night, I can't imagine every 45 mins or so. ((((hugs))))

Hi to everyone that I missed. I better get back to work. My mom is here watching the boy while DH is working so I can get some work done, and I'm having the hardest time focusing. I'm so distracted today.
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sundaymoon » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:57 pm

SundayMoon:
Name: Laura
Birthday: September 11th
Babies name: Mason
Babies birthday: August 5th

Hey girls!
This will be kind of quick because Mason is 15 minutes into a nap and usually wakes up after a half hour so I have a few minutes to check in. I'll try to get back on later tonight!
Sleep is a teeny tiny bit better. Last night he slept from 8:30 - 12:00 without waking up but then he woke up quite a few times until 6:00. I think his belly was bothering him because he woke up crying at one point and was gassy and then fell back to sleep. Must be the apples. I gave him apples mixed with bananas last night because he LOVES bananas but still isn't too sure about the apples. He can't get the bananas in his mouth fast enough, it's so cute. I'm thinking I will hold off on the apples or just mix a tiny amount in with whatever else I am giving him. I will be baking sweet potatoes for dinner tonight so I will give him a bit of that and maybe some of the apples. If he is gassy again I will chalk it up to apples.
I've been doing sign language with him and so far he seems to respond to "milk". I can swear he does it back to me but DH thinks I am crazy, LOL. I've been trying to teach him "up", "more", "all
done", "mommy", "daddy", "milk", "sleep", and "dog". He looks at me like I'm nutty but at least he is paying attention, haha. He's so squealy and giggly, I love it. Last night we were getting him ready for bed and he was cuddled up on me while we were on the glider and DH said something about how cuddly he is and he can't believe someday he will grow up and won't be cuddly anymore. It totally made me cry because I realized time is going to fly and there will come a day when he won't really need me as much anymore. :cry: I know I have to cherish what we do have right now.
Gotta run, I see him wide awake on the monitor! 25 minute nap....sigh.
me: Laura
DH: David
DS1: Mason - August 5, 2009
DS2: Gavin - November 27, 2011 (my VBAC baby!)
sundaymoon
Star Member
Star Member

Postby swann81 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:55 pm

I know what you mean about growing up! I'm starting to get baby fever. I used to think women who want another one so fast were crazy but now I am rethinking my stance. lol Too bad we can't afford another one right now. Day care is just too expensive and two kids would eat up my entire paycheck, even though I get half-priced care. :( I am getting ready to sell all of Jordan's things at a consignment sale so I can buy her more 18 months and start stocking up on 24 months. It makes me all teary to go through it all and get ready to sell it. :cry:
Jordan Alyssa
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:19 pm

taffy75 :
Name: Dana
Birthday: August 24th
Babies name: Alex
Babies Birthday: August 12th

Hello all!

I will also try my best to remember from the previous post.

Leanne - :hugs: mama. You're doing a great job and sounds like Rick needed to hear some reality.

Annie - How is Jordan feeling? Poor girl, she needs a break from sickness!

Stac - Any progress on the teething? Alex did not and has not been sleeping well with the teething. He took crappy naps 15-30 minutes all day and woke up at night, being awake for 1-1.5 hours and wanting an extra nursing in there. He napped well on the weekend and slept well at night but I guess his teeth are bothering him again because yesterday and today he's been not sleeping. He does do the open slobbery mouth thing towards us! :) Then he gives us wet kisses.

Laura that is great Mason is responding to the sign language. I've been trying to teach Alex a few signs but he just stares at me with his mouth open. I hope you get some sleep soon.

We are planning on TTC when Alex is a year old as I'll be (gulp) 35 in August and of "advanced maternal age". DH will be 41 in October! I'm actually hoping AF returns by then so I can have a few cycles in and be regulated but we'll see.

Ah well, Alex is up!

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Well, it sounded to me like Jordan's breathing was getting wheezy this afternoon. I pulled out the nebulizer that we got when she had bronchiolitis and croupe two months ago and gave her a treatment to see if it helped. About 2 hours later, I noticed her breathing was fast and shallow, she sounded like she was wheezing still. So I took her to my mom to have her listen to Jordan's lungs (my mom is a CNA) and she said she thinks Jordan has pneumonia. So back to the doctor in about an hour when the pediatric urgent clinics are open.
Jordan Alyssa
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:26 pm

babyluv51 :
Name: Alison
Birthday: August 8th
Babies name: Gavin
Babies Birthday: July 10

Hey all! Somehow i have become a professiona lurker of our group 8O I start posting and then something comes upa nd I never finish. Everyone's babies sound SO smart! Well be 8mos old on the 10th. Still not crawling, but loves to stand up behind push toys. I do signs for dog and milk, but nothing in return yet. I am still scared to death to give the puffs to G. How do you all do it? I have a sliver of one a month ago and he seemed to almost choke. He has two bottom teeth that came in Jan 18th, but nothing else yet. I;m sure it won't be long though. Luckily, they didnt' bother him too much when they came through.

We do have a good schedule going though. Wake up around 6ish, then in bed to nurse and sleep again until 7am. Solids at 9:30, usually oatmeal and a 2nd stage fruit tub. I'm starting yogurt this week also. Nurse and nap at 11, sleep till about 12:30. Play or errands. Then nurse around 2-3.
Nap around 3ish for about 30minutes. Nurse at 5:30, veggie tub at 7:30, 6oz bottle at 8:30(usually only drinks 5oz) and falls asleep. He's been getting up around 2:30ish and I go in a nurse him back to sleep, but I want to start letting him whine it out a bit more. I know he doens't need to eat at that time and am only encouraging waking at the same time every night.

I think its finally time for us to pack up the baby stuff, like swing and bouncy seat. We did just get out the jumerpoo and push toys! He LOVES his push radio flyer wagon! I'll posta link to the video!

I feel so sorry for everyone's LO's who have been sick. So far we've been healthy here! My biggest worry now is when to wean BFing. I would like to continue, but also want to get pregnant in june/july and no later than septermber. Small window for someone who had to take clomid last time. IDK what to do. I guess weaning at 9months would be okay, but #1 it is so special with him, and #2, what will I do without the power of the boob?!?!?!? I feel like I should give my body a couple months to be not connected to a baby ya know?
Okay, so PLEASE you all give me advice on the finger foods, or I may just wait until he is 18 and I know he won't choke!

Anyways, here is the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5BEvLQgNSw
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:14 pm

I try not to worry too much about her choking. I just have my finger sweep finger ready just in case and never leave her alone. I was a nervous wreck at first but she enjoys it so much and she seems to know what she can handle and what she can't. She started with things that dissolve fast 2 months ago- Rice Krispies, the Gerber crunchies, the yogurt melts (which she can no longer have since she can't have dairy), and things in the mesh bag. The she moved to crackers, tiny pieces of banana, biter biscuits and foods that mush easily or she can suck on, like pickles. Now she is on Cheerios, toast, fruit pieces, basically anything. She usually has her baby food at the table while we eat dinner and she usually feeds herself some of everything that's on my plate also, within reason. Mostly because she thinks she is too big for her britches. Tonight she ate some funnel cake from Burger King thanks to daddy. She did swallow a Cheerio prematurely the first time and coughed, but she was more careful after that and learned when she could swallow and when she had to keep gumming it, just like anything else. Just remember that if he is coughing, there is no reason to panic because coughing means he can still breathe. I don't know what to tell you about the BF as I dried up at 11 weeks after getting the flu and the H1N1 shots.
Jordan Alyssa
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsc84 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 am

hi everyone!
this will be a quick one as Joel is fussing with dh, he wants mummy, i feel bad for dh when he gets like this cos dh is so good with him and helps out sooo much and yet quite often gets rejected in place of mummy when all mummy wants to do is hand over the reigns for half hour! i explain to dh that J is with me all the time plus im his food source plus he is teething but i guess it doesnt make it feel any nicer when ur son is wriggling to get to mummy, he isnt usually like this so it must be yet another kind of phase!

so last night we actually got some sleep!!! J woke at 3 am but he only wanted his paci, then slept on till 5 ate and then slept till 7.15! i feel like a new woman! still no sign of teeth *sigh* his gums dont look so swollen today which is good for him but i was hoping this was going to be a sure thing and teeth were on there way!!

laura im glad sleep is gettin a bit better for u too, it hits u hard doesnt it, i will have fingers crossed it keeps gettin better!!
i did try a bit of signing but then every man and his dog thought it was fun to make signs all the time and it annoyed me cos i figured Joel would get confused so i gave up :( let us know how things go!!

stacy yep again today i just got Joel down for nap after he fought for nearly half hour and the door bangs, i secretly think the postman likes to see me deshevelled (sp?) in the morning, i honestly look a state and he didnt even have a parcel just a small packet that would have fitted just fine through our letter box...... and yes the smoke alarm was funny but not untill after LOL, i still cant believe he didnt even stir....
how is work goin? i think id be distracted too trying to work from home, do u have a seperate office or is ronin near by? id be constantly listening out and not letting my mum get on with it LOL
we also get launched at with a gaping mouth! he also loves to slap his wide open mouth on dhs bald head and slap the side of dh's head at the same time hahahaha poor dh a human teething ball!

annie jordan is growing up so quick!!!! and eating great!! i hope she starts feeling better soon, how are things with ashley? i bet she is loving being with jordan full time now!

dana the sloppy kisses are the best! i can say Joely give mama a kiss and he launches himself smack bang on my lips, dh says it and J just laughs ahahahaha mummys boy ;)
how exciting about ttc!!! i hope we can still be here and follow ur journey! i cant wait to cheer u on!

alison u ttc too!!!! wooohooo i cant wait to cheer u on too!!! oooh how i miss the peesticks!!!! just this time i dont fancy following in ur footsteps two weeks later ok ;)
as regards to finger foods, i dont know i panic every time J gags :? we have tried to do the baby led weaning along side all his normal purees but it gets in his mouth and i like dont breath untill its gone down!! the only thing im happy doing really is bread and butter but its gotta be really really soft bread, he takes that easy peasy and also banana although he cant hold it cos its so slippery so we end up holding the banana and he just munches on it, its so mushy that although he might "cringe" when he swallows it down he doesnt choke as such, i try and think of food i know go kinda mushy if we suck on them and give him them, he likes rusks but im not sure if they have them in the usa they are like biscuits but also when u mix them with water or milk then mush up like a porridge so are good as a puree and a finger food,
OH also J will eat cut up potatoe, i slice them into chip like shapes and steam them until tender and he eats them although he does cough a little bit he swallows it down.

i love the video of gavin he is so big!!! where did our tiny lil ones go to! who said they could grow up!!!!!

ok so i think thats it, i cant see any more on topic review and the lil guy is uber fussy now, its heading to bed time anyhow so id better start getting his bath ready!

tomoro night dsd, charlie and i are going to a fundraiser, its a fashion show and alot of the clothes are apparently real cheap , i like cheap LOL im annoyed though cos i have been neglecting my weight and have put on like 10lbs i need to get focused before i end up putting all the weight on i tried so hard to lose! i lost 70lbs on ww before gettin pregnant and right now i need to lose 15lb already to get back to my pp weight 8O
i keep telling myself i will do something in the summer, i need some motivations!!!!
ally 25
darren 33
dsd 9

ImageImage

mrsc84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES