AUGUST 2009 MUMMYS! PART 2!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby swann81 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Ally, Ashley loves being with Jordan. And Jordan gets the biggest grin when Ash is around too. :D

This morning, I was at my mother's house with Jordan. Jordan ate breakfast and was fussing as I changed her diaper. I said, "You're tired. You need a nap." Jordan looked right at me and yelled, "I don't want a NAP!" It was clear as day! I just stared at her and then looked at my mom. My mom said, "Did she just say "I don't want a nap?" I said, "Oh thank GOD, you heard it too!" I thought my brain was making things up in baby jabber. But apparently she really said it! She hasn't said mama or dada or anything yet, she just grins at me when I try to get her to say it. Talk about some crazy first words- a freaking 5 word sentence! Seriously, I am spooked. She hasn't said anything but some baby jabber since but now I am listening extra closely.
Jordan Alyssa
Born 8/13/09 @ 5:57am @ 40 weeks
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
Born 10/19/12 @ 3:26am @ 38 weeks
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Now I can add:

I asked Jordan what she wanted when she was crying. She said "Up, up!"

I left the room and she started calling for me, "Mama mama mama!"

Then I put her in the bathtub. She started splashing and yelling, "My bath!"

What a day! DH is in shock. He thought I was joking about the talking but he couldn't believe it when Jordan yelled "my bath" over and over. He even got his dad on the speaker phone to hear it.
Jordan Alyssa
Born 8/13/09 @ 5:57am @ 40 weeks
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
Born 10/19/12 @ 3:26am @ 38 weeks
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:03 pm

You must have a prodigy on your hands....that is unheard of!!!! :)
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:53 am

Annie that is amazing! Please take video! :D

Ally I know what you mean about time with DH. Sometimes DH takes Alex and all he does is reach his arms over for me or try to crawl to my lap. I too tell him it's just natural as I feed him and am with him all day long, but that's what it's important for them to spend time together too (and give me a break!).

Allison I haven't given any finger foods to Alex yet, I'm too afraid too! The pedi suggested giving Cheerios and not puffs as they are more nutritious and that he won't choke - but I'm afraid he will! They're hard and small...maybe I will just start with puffs!

Well Alex has decided that things around the house are much more fun to play with than his actual toys. He is constantly crawling to the air vent, Wii, and my computer cord. He loves to suck on all cords...I don't know how we can babyproof them all so I just watch him. He's still doing an army type crawl, putting one arm forward and dragging himself on the other. He also gets out of his Bumbo seat now...so unless he's confined to his Jumperoo or high chair he comes with me everywhere. I'm thinking it's also time for us to put away the swing because he doesn't use it anymore. I'm torn about weaning too. I really to want Alex to get to a year nursing but don't know how long it will take normal AF to return once I do - hopefully it won't take long.

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kdsrdms » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Grrr. I just typed up a post and completely lost it.

Annie - Jordan is going to be driving by next week, then off to college the next week. She's an amazing girl!!

Well Alex has decided that things around the house are much more fun to play with than his actual toys. He is constantly crawling to the air vent, Wii, and my computer cord. He loves to suck on all cords...I don't know how we can babyproof them all so I just watch him. He's still doing an army type crawl, putting one arm forward and dragging himself on the other. He also gets out of his Bumbo seat now...so unless he's confined to his Jumperoo or high chair he comes with me everywhere. I'm thinking it's also time for us to put away the swing because he doesn't use it anymore. I'm torn about weaning too.

This is us exactly!!!

Lucy is doing her army crawl really really fast now, much to the disappointment of the animals. :D

She can say dada, mama, buhbuh and I swear she tries to say cat and puppy. I think she'll be saying papa in the next day or two. She's very methodic in the way she learns so I've learned to read her :D It's very cute and so different from her brother.

I tried giving Lu some rice krispies but she wanted nothing to do with them. She's nom nomed on some biter biscuits a couple of times and we found some rice crackers called Baby Mum Mums and she loves those, but she got a little piece stuck the other day and it scared me. I don't think she could choke because they are so light and mushy once they get wet, but I haven't given her one since.

I also made some homemade baby food the other day and she hated it. My house smelled SOOOO good though :D Apples with a touch of cinnamon.

Sleeping is still terrible for us. It got better for about 2 days, but now it's bad again.

we're also having some nursing issues. She'll only nurse for a few minutes then she's done. She's not getting distracted, she just doesn't want to nurse more. Then she's hungry again in an hour or 2 and I know she's not getting the good, fatty hindmilk if she's only nursing for a few minutes. I tried pumping and giving her a bottle, but she will not take a bottle. I thought about adding one bottle of formula to our day but if she won't take a bottle I'm not sure what to do.

Ok I've babbled enough. :) I hope everyone is doing well!!
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stacnjttc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 am

Ronin goes through lots of different nursing phases, and sometimes he only wants to nurse for a couple minutes, but he's always been an every two hour guy, never longer except at night. Sometimes he wants to nurse sooner then two hours if he is in a snacking mood. He's been having a mad nursing strike for the past 6 days and I found yesterday that when he's protesting, if I start singing this old man to him he stops and looks at me for a little while and then latches on, it seems to work almost every time. I don't know what it is about that song, I've tried other songs, and they don't work, so I don't know, maybe try singing to her, or humming to her while she's nursing??? Ronin gets distracted really easy, and also his teething is making nursing really hard, and my stupid period on top of that hasn't helped. I call it the perfect storm.
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:53 am

kdsrdms wrote:
Lucy is doing her army crawl really really fast now, much to the disappointment of the animals. :D

Ah yes...our dog is almost always on the lookout now! He has a big fluffy tail (and he's just fluffy in general) that Alex loves to grab. When he sees Alex crawling over he runs away. Of course, this is now counterbalanced by Alex throwing his puffs on the floor. As soon as the high chair comes out, Rex is Alex's best friend!

Sleep was going well, the past two days we've had nap issues. He took a great almost 2 hour nap yesterday morning, then at mid-day took a 20 minute nap and would not take his later afternoon one at all. He rolled on his belly and closed his eyes when I put him in the crib and 5 minutes later he was babbling on the monitor. I'm not sure if he's ready to drop a nap or not and if I should push back nap times. Or maybe it's his teeth again.

Stac - Alex is very distracted about nursing too. I can only nurse him in his room where it is quiet - no TV or DH or dog around. Sometimes even then he gets distracted and starts staring at the walls. Hope things are getting better for you guys!

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Is everyones baby crawling and talking? Sawyer says "Hi" and he can roll all over the floor. Sometimes he scooches, but no crawling yet. He got up on his knees in his crib this morning.

Annie - I want to see video. That is amazing.

Ally - I feel you on the weight thing. I think I am gaining a bit as well. I could eat whatever I wanted for a while there, and I think it is catching up with me.

Alison - I feel like a professional lurker too. I read when I pump at work, but I can't seem to manage to type while I do that. We are making the decision about when to wean (and I don't know how to do it) as well. We are talking about ttc this summer, and I am going to see if doc will give me Clomid. Can't continue to BF with that. I too am terrified of lumps and finger food. Choking scares me.

Dana - Don't worry about being 35 when TTC. I am 38 at this point. Just get ready to hear "Advanced Maternal Age" all the time.

Laura - I hope you start getting some longer naps soon. I was thinking abotu doing sign language, and have not been doing it. I should start.

Stacy - I hope BFing is getting better. They go through such stages and get difficult. Sawyer and DP need to leave earlier in the morning now, so I BF him in his bedroom before we come downstairs. Otherwise he does not eat enough and gets cranky. I will say to you too, don't worry about ttc in your mid-30s. I am hoping to be pg with #2 before I turn 40.

Leanne - Sorry for everything you are going through. Just know you are doing everything you can for your babies.

Dawn - If Lucy is hungry she will eventually eat. It does all get harder as they grow and get minds of their own.

Hi to anyone I missed.

I am simply terrified of moving to the next phase of food. He loves his food, but lumps and pieces scare me. I don't want him to choke. We have been a little slow with solids, just to encourage BFing. I am deciding when to wean though. Because of how we have to TTC I want to be done BFing before we start. I think we will do at home insems for #2, and I am going to ask doc for clomid. I truly feel like I am behind the 8 ball with time.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Alex is not talking, although he babbles and squeals all of the time. He has said "Da" on a few occasions, but not in relation to DH. He also says something that sounds like "Hey" when he sees us, but he also says that a lot of other times too.

He got his flu booster shots today and did ok but of course took a crappy nap when we got home. He's also doing his standard spitting up after shots. Funny, we were waiting so long that he started squealing and making a lot of loud complaining type noises while we were in the waiting area. One of the receptionists went back to check and came out and said someone would be with us in a minute. I told Alex is complaining paid off! :lol:

I can't believe he's 7 months old today...

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kdsrdms » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Ha Dana - that's funny about the complaining. I hope Alex feels better soon.

Amy - The pic of Sawyer in your avatar is SO cute!!! Thinking of weaning is bittersweet huh? Good luck with TTC #2. I hope it happens fast for you. And please keep us posted. Some of us are finished and need people to stalk :D

Stac - I had AF last week and it affected our nursing too. Luckily it only lasted 3 days.

I think that's the last few posters. How's everyone doing??

We're STILL having terrible sleeping issues. And nursing issues. And fussing issues, lol!!

I hear her on the monitor now.
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsc84 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:02 am

hey ladies,

so im majorly struggling with sleep, i just dont know what to do, J has always been an aweseom sleeper, then the sleep regression hit then we came out of it and now every single night is different, the last week or so he has been going down around 7.30pm then is back up by 11pm fussing and wants to be un swaddled, then he will sleep for like an hour and then fusses and wants to eat then will take an age to settle cos he isnt swaddled then if im lucky i get another 2 hours and then he is up wanting to eat and not wanting to go in his crib so i give in and have him in with us.... last night it was his teeth, his lil cheeks were bright red and he so wanted to be asleep but just couldnt settle :( needless to say im shattered!
i have tried feeding him more during the day and he IS eating alot so im guessing also a growth spurt is being thrown into the mix. i think its hit me so hard cos right from the begininig J was so good at night and now this has totally thrown us. dh feels bad cos he sleeps through most of it and tells me to wake him but a. he works and he needs a decent night sleep and b.im awake anyway so i might as well go deal with him, but my goodness im definately struggling...... and murphys law is that where he used to be a naptime monster, he is now and awesome napper and has cut down his naps to 2 that last around an hour and half and 1 twenty minute to half hour cat nap at lunch time.
we have tried an earlier bed time, a later bedtime, less solids more milk, less milk more solids, swaddled and unswaddled so im guessing we are just going to have to ride this one out!

anyways im sorry for my immediate venting!

dawn im sorry ur struggling too, maybe its the 6-7month fuss stage?!! Joel hates eating laying down so either nurses sat up which is not the most easiet position!! or takes a bottle sitting up which is also one of the messiest things ive encountered!!! i hope things turn a corner for u soon!

dana, Joel isnt talking yet either, i swear he yells "mmmmmuuuuuuummmmmm" when he is mad LOL and his little mouth moves silently as we talk to him but nothing other than screeching and giggling over here!! that is so cute about alex and rex! i bet they will be lifelong buddies once alex is running around!!!

stace can we get a recording of this old man, for our enjoyment ;) LOL if it works it works right? Joel will calm down if i sing away in a manger!!!! dh cant sing it right and Joel hates him singing it and shouts at dh when he trys, but if i do it he just lays and looks at me and strokes my face, too cute!
also this video is like Joels best friend!!! it was done in aid of a charity over here, called children in need and a comedian put it all together its all different childrens characters and a bunch of songs mixed up but this is guarenteed to stop any even the most major of major strops! i dont know why but man it has saved us a few times!! and plus i secretly like it too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg9_WwYWSfA

annie, i defo need to see a video!!!! thats madness u should seriously like get in touch with the book of records or something i dont think thats something that happens very often at all!
how did the meeting go in regards to the foster kids? and i hope jordan is feeling better now!!

anyways happy mothers day for yesterday!!!! i got spoilt and had breakfast in bed and got a lovely pair of boots and a lot of "Mummy" gifts was lovely! plus in the afternoon dh took the kids out to see his mum and i got a 3 hour nap!!!! yes 3 hours!!! it was well needed and certainly refreshing! untill last night happened and now im back to square one!

anyways thats about it for now, oh and Joel is no longer wanting purees :roll: he insists on doing everything himself and is settling into chunkier food better! i do manage to get some purees in to him thou between bites of him feeding himself LOL he loves toast! well anything thats on my plate really!!!! little greedy man! i am going to get him weighed sometime this week will be interesting as its been almost 2 months since i last went!

hugs to all!
ally 25
darren 33
dsd 9
Joel-Jaydon born 17/aug/09 = 6lb 15oz

ImageImage

mrsc84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sundaymoon » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Just checking in! I am going to be a slacker on personals but I will get to them tomorrow, I promise! I am reading along though.

We still aren't sleeping well. Mason did sleep once from 8:00PM until 4:00AM the other night 8O but hasn't done it again, lol. He is up a lot at night, wakes up early in the morning, and still only takes half hour naps (today he took a 20 minute one). Arrggh. HOWEVER, the weather is absolutely beautiful and we have been spending a lot of time outside so that cheers me up. Plus he really is a joy so I guess if poor sleep is the worst thing then so be it.

He loves to eat and tried pears yesterday. LOVED them. It's a tie between pears and bananas. I still don't give him solids everyday, though. I made him green beans last week and they made his belly so gassy so I haven't tried them again. Maybe I'll steam some for lunch tomorrow and only give him a tiny bit.

Still no teeth and no crawling but he's getting frustrated because he WANTS to go! He's starting to become very opinionated and screeches when he doesn't get something.

So, that's just a small update to let you know I am here and we are doing ok! I've been reading this thread and keeping up with all of you but just don't seem to find the time to sit down and do a nice long post so I am doing it in dribs and drabs. Will be back tomorrow!
me: Laura
DH: David
DS1: Mason - August 5, 2009
DS2: Gavin - November 27, 2011 (my VBAC baby!)
sundaymoon
Star Member
Star Member

Postby babyluv51 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:30 am

Hi everyone!

G is off at "baby school" now so I have a moment to write. I take him to the church program tues and thurs from 9-1 and hoping to work prn during that time, but have no patients to see today...so my house WILL get cleaned!

We've beens sleeping REALLY well most of the time. 8:30-6:30, then in bed with me until 7:30. Of course we have nights where he'll get up at 3am sometimes, but its not too common. Naps are 11-1 and 4-4:30.

I've weaned the nightime feeding and will wean the 11am feeding next. I still haven't done any finger foods...too scared! He plays with the puffs at school but hasnt' eaten any yet.

We're one of the oldest of our group and still no crawling. Not even army crawling yet! He'll do a 360 on his bum though! He said mama once, but that was it. he yelled it one day during breakfast! Oh, he can pull up quite easily now though!I'm stillwondering if he'll walk before he crawls!

Still battling eczema, and its on his scotum now too :( But I think its getting better. Cloth diapers are much easier now that his popos are more solids. I give him 1.5oz of apple juice every day because I still think they are a little too hard. Oh, and he weighs around 18.5 pounds. Wearing between 6-9 month clothes.

I'm so excited about our weather...its in the seventies this week! We love going on walks around the neighborhood!!!

Off to clean in peace!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 am

I hope all of you tired mamas are getting some sleep!

Alex's sleep is inconsistent. Yesterday he took an hour morning nap, a 30 minute nap from 1:30-2:00, and then did not nap the rest of the day. I put him to bed early and he slept well from 7-12 am, but then was up for 2 hours. Some days he naps great, and sleeps poorly at night, and then the reverse will be true, and then other days he naps well and sleeps great at night. There's just no way to predict it, and don't know why it is that he wakes up and stays up sometimes.

His eating is getting better, and he's eating breakfast now too every day. Sometimes when he is really tired he will refuse to eat. He is trying more foods and has eaten some foods he wouldn't before.

He is crawling everywhere and is quick. Much to the dog's chagrin. :lol: Rex is very tolerant though and will let himself get grabbed sometimes when I'm not quick enough to prevent it. Usually he will move and go lay somewhere else. Rex is a big fan of Alex's high chair though, particularly when the puffs come out as he is assured of a few reaching the floor. I thought once Alex got crawling down and was mobile he'd be content for a while but now he is trying to stand up on his own. He can do it holding on to our fingers by putting one leg out and getting on one foot, then lifting the other leg. He is trying to stand up in his crib by reaching up to the rails but can't do anything yet. He also heads over to the couch and tries to grab on the cushions but he's on the floor. He can open drawers now too so we have to really watch him when he's on the floor in our bedroom - there's just no way to babyproof our dresser drawers.

Well I am a tired mama since I was up with him and then up after he went back to bed at 2 - up until 3:30 so hope that all made sense.

It's been nice weather here so in a bit we'll be going for our lunchtime walk. It's sunny and 70 today so we should get outside and enjoy it!

Hope everyone is well!

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stacnjttc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Sorry this is just a db post, I've been reading everyone's posts but just haven't found the time lately to write, I'll write more later. I just wanted to say that Ronin has been saying mama today :). It's so cute, he's been working on his mmmmmmmmmmmmm sound for a while now, and when he does it I alway say to him mmmmammmma, and he never seems to get that 'a' but today he's been doing it, and he pierces his little lips when he does the 'a' or it sounds more like 'o' sound and says mom-a...it's so cute. DH says that it doesn't count as a word yet, he thinks he's just putting sounds together but I think it counts! I think if he were saying da da then he would say it counts!
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES