AUGUST 2009 MUMMYS! PART 2!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby kdsrdms » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi Carmen!! We had a wonderful Christmas. Lucy was really into opening gifts this year - it was so cute!!

Are you guys going to find out the gender of #2?

Thanks for popping back in!!
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks Carmen! Still no AF so I guess I'm back to irregular cycles. Gonna test again in the morning just to be sure but I'm anticipating a BFN cause my symptoms are gone.
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kristylee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:49 am

BFN again this morning so I guess its back to irregular cycles for me.

Where did everyone go?
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby armenc8261 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Kdsrdms: Molly too was into the opening of gifts this year which made Christmas so much fun! We are planning to find out the gender of this baby too. My gender scan is for 1/17. I don't know what to guess for this baby. We are hoping for another girl since they will be 23 months apart. It would be neat for Molly to have a little sister close in age to play with and share the girly stuff with. I am an only child and I always wished I had a sister. Either way, we will be happy and blessed with either boy or girl all we want is a healthy baby.

Kristylee: So sorry about your bfn Have you ever tried acupuncture? I swear that acupuncture and the chinese herbs (along with the Lap) is what got my cycles back on track and what helped reduce the endometriosis too. Just make sure if you do decide to do acupuncture that you go to a Doctor of Oriental Medicind (DOM) who specializes with fertility.

Hi to everyone else.

God Bless
ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kristylee » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 am

I was diagnosed with PCOS when we were TTC Kendal. Tried clomid but didn't like it. After that I went 6 mos with no AF! Then started one day out of the blue and we conceived that month without even trying. Since having Kendal though I've been very regular so I was hoping all that was behind me. Its more annoying than anything else.
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby armenc8261 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Kristy: I am so sorry :( I know this is frustrating and heartbreaking. If you can, try acupuncture.... it made a huge difference for me.

God Bless.
ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kristylee » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks Carmen. Well AF showed today so it was a 44 day cycle.
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby taffy75 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:40 am

Kristy - Sorry about the BFN and AF showing! Hope your cycles can get back to being regular.

Carmen - Can't wait to see the results of your anatomy scan! :)

AFM, today is our anniversary and I'm spending it by going to my 26 week appt. :lol: I know they'll give me lab slips for the GD test (blah) and I'm hoping I pass that! I forget at what point I start going every 2 weeks but I think its soon...it's crazy to think that in 14 weeks this baby will be here! I have so much to do yet. Alex is doing ok with his transition to one nap - the past 2 days he napped for an hour and a half each so maybe he'll never be a 2-3 hour napper. He is as active as ever and is finally saying a word - "down". Not mama or daddy, but "dooowwwn". He does have a little temper - he throws his toys or whatever is in hand if he is frustrated. He is such a lovable little guy, though, and loves to give hugs and will give his favorite toy to Daddy or me when we enter the room.

Hope you are all enjoying your New Year!

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:53 pm

Wow Dana your pregnancy seems to be going by so fast! Can't believe you will have another lil one soon! How exciting!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kdsrdms » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Wow Dana - remember how ssssllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwww our pregnancies went in '09? Yours seems to be flying by this time!! 14 weeks to go? wow!!
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armenc8261 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi Ladies and Happy Friday :jump:

Kdsrdms: You are so right about how slowwwww our pregnancies back in 2009 went. I feel like this pregnancy is flying by which I don't mind :wink:

taffy: how are you feeling? any movements? I have not felt anything yet but with Molly I never felt her... I actually only saw that she moved when I would see my belly change shape. Good luck with the GD test. Praying that you will pass. Molly has been taking 1 naps since July and it has been going quite well. She naps for 2 hours sometimes 2 1/2 hours. When she naps so does mommy so I am getting lots of rest which is good when you are pregnant and chasing after a toddler. Hope you had a great anniversary :)

Kristylee: Is there anything you can do about your 44 day cycle?, I have a friend who suffers from PCOS that and had to do an injectable cycle in order to conceive her son who turns 2 this month and to conceive her soon-to-be baby boy this time around who is due to arrive in May. I pray that your cycle gets straightened out and you can conceive quickly.

AFM, I had the second blood test (the one that is part of the integrated screening) on Tuesday and I got the results yesterday (Thursday) and I was told it was negative for all 3 abnormalities :jump: My perinatologist was right when I had the NT and he said that I had no markers and that he was sure the blood work would come back negative :) I am super excited and very thankful to God for my answered prayers. My next big appointment is on 1/17 when we find out the gender :)
Last, I asked my ob about getting my tubes tied and decided that I would do it. I will be 39 in February and having 2 healthy children will be perfect and a blessing. If I were 5 years younger I would consider having another child in 2 years. I also have MS, Fibromyalgia, endometriosis and a blood clotting disorder that the best thing is for me to have my tubes tied and not risk an unmonitored pregnancy that could end in a miscarriage. Also because of the blood clotting disorder, I cannot go on birth control pills and I rather just not have to deal with taking a pill or having an iud, I rather just have my tubes tied and forget a bout it.

Have a great weekend all and God Bless.
ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kristylee » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:37 am

Yea for great test results carmen!! That's always a relief.

I think everyone's pregnancies are going by fast to us cause we aren't pg. Ha!

I'm not going to go back to Dr for my long cycles yet cause we really aren't actively TTC right now. I have 2 beautiful healthy children and if that's all I'm meant to have then that's fine with me.
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kdsrdms » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Aw Carmen - wow, you have a lot going on! Praise God for the blessings, huh?!!

AFM - nothing to report :D
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:40 am

Carmen - That is a lot on your plate! Glad your test results came back and all is well. We are done after this one too. It might be different if we were younger but things just didn't work out that way! I am feeling the baby move, although not as much as Alex - maybe he'll be a calmer baby! :) I do have a bit of extra padding this time :oops: and anterior placenta so that might play into it too. It took until the early 20 weeks to feel him consistently and know it was him and not gas or something else.

Dawn - It is flying by! time did seem to go much slower with Alex. I wonder if that was due to being big and uncomfortable in the summer vs. winter. Starting to get some more of those discomforts but not too bad yet.

I can't believe I'm in the 3rd tri today! Our 3d ultrasound is this Sat. and I can't wait!

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armenc8261 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi Ladies,
Tomorrow is my gender scan and I am so scared. Here is what I posted on the July dd.

I hope you ladies don't think I am crazy but I am just so nervous about this gender scan. Not because I am scared of something being wrong but because I am scared of having a boy. I will explain why.

I love children but I have never ever babysat for a boy or even changed a boy's diaper. I also have a dss that lives with us (dh has custody of him since he was 4) and we have nothing in common. He is a great kid and I just don't feel a connection there. I know he is not my biological son but his biological mother is a deadbeat and a convicted felon (DUI's etc) I also feel that since my dd is so little that it would be better for her to have a sister close in age to share similar experiences (girly stuff) and I guess since I am an only child I always dreamed of having a sister ever since I was like 3 years old. In my heart I want what I never had for my daughter.

Please don't think I won't love this child no matter what, I am just scared of the change and what relationship I will have with a son since mine with my dss is really not there (must be because he is 15). I also did not have a mom who was close to me and I was raised since I was 3 months old by my grandmother and uncle. Even now, she has not met my dd because we are not in talking terms since she tried to ruin my wedding (just like she did with my College graduation where she refused to take a picture with me and said what is the big deal with graduating college) I actually think that in my heart I want to have the relationship I did not have with my mother, with my daughter and since my relationship with my dss is really not there right now it scares the crap out of me that if I have a son it will be like that.

Sorry for sounding crazy. All I want is a 100% healthy baby boy or girl to love, take care of and watch grow up healthy and happy.

God bless
ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES