AUGUST 2009 MUMMYS! PART 2!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby kristylee » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Oh Carmen I know exactly how you feel! With my first child I wanted a lil girl so bad that I cried for a whole day when I found out it was a boy! I knew nothing about boys and was totally freaked out! But let me tell you, me and my little boy have the best bond! There's just something about little boys and their mommas! He's 6 now and he's still a mommas boy!

Good luck on your scan tom! Praying for a healthy baby!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kdsrdms » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Aw Carmen - I don't think anyone here would think badly of you. Kristy is totally right. Mommies and their little boys have a very special bond. My ds is 11 now and we have such a special relationship. Remind yourself that YOU are not a deadbeat mom. YOU are a fantastic mommy. I am willing to bet that if it is a boy, you'll love the bond you two have AND I bet it will strengthen the bond you have with your dss. You'll see him in a whole new light.
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armenc8261 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks ladies! I feel much better but.....

Had the scan today and.....

The umbilical cord was in the way! Lol!! The technician said don't go out and buy boy or girl stuff because she kept showing us here looks like boy and then here looks like girl . The doctor even said he was not sure. So now we wait until Valentine's Day. All looked healthy and baby was moving. around. He/she even changed position and still the cord was in the way lol!!

Another thing the technician would turn the blood flow thing on and you could clearly see the umbilical cord right between the legs. When she would turn it off it looked like a boy and if she moved to the right or left looked like a girl. So now we wait and thank God baby is healthy

God Bless.
ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kristylee » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 am

Yea for a healthy baby! Sorry she or he didn't cooperate! Hopefully you'll have a good V day surprise!!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kdsrdms » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Aw Carmen - it will be sweet to find out on Valentines Day!
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:46 am

Hi ladies,

Sorry I have not checked in in a while. We had our NT Scan yesterday. Twins looked great. HBs of 165 and 157. Sawyer and DP went with. The tech gave Sawyer a pic, and he kept pointing at it and saying "BABY". I guess I am actually starting to believe we are having twins.

Sorry for the drive-by post. Hope everyone is doing well.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 am

How exciting to get to see your twins! Do you know gender yet or are you going to find out? A friend of mine just had twins yesterday! I think twins would be so cool yet scary! Ha!

Hope everyone is doing good!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MominMD » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:27 pm

We will find out gender, but it is too soon. I can hardly wait.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 am

Carmen - I'm sure you can't wait for Valentine's Day!

Amy - Glad the NT went well! I"m sure you're looking forward to your gender scan too.

AFM, I have gestational diabetes this time around. :( I have a class on Monday to go over diet and will be given a meter and strips for testing - I believe I need to test sugar levels 4x/day. Hopefully it can be controlled with just diet and there won't be too many ill effects for the baby. Alex had low blood sugar when he was born and spent 3 days in the NICU and I'm hoping we don't have that this time around. I will get ultrasounds at 32 and 36 weeks to check baby's growth to make sure he's not getting too big in there.

We also had a 3D done a few weeks ago which was so cool...we saw him smiling, grabbing, and even biting the cord! Here's a link to pics:

http://www.twoweekwait.com/preg/communi ... c&t=192212

Hope everyone is well!

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Dana - Good luck with the GD. I had it last time. If you are careful, you really can manage it with diet. The one tip I can give you is EAT A LOT OF PROTEIN. I learned I could cheat a little with carbs if I ate a lot of protein. Be careful of fat intake too. Greasy foods tipped me off the charts. I managed it, and it helped me not gain too much weight. They said Sawyer was going to be HUGE also, but he was 7 pounds 13 ounces. You can pm me any questions you have. I love sweets, so if I can do it you can.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stacnjttc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:34 am

I had it too, I was so upset about it at first, but then once you get into a routine with what you can eat, and don't ever skip your snacks, and just stay on top of your diet, you'll do fine. I didn't cheat, but I was crazy neurotic, and paranoid about everything while I was pregnant, but like Amy said, it really helped with the weight gain, and also my little guy was only 6 lbs 12oz, so it didn't seem to affect his weight either.
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armenc8261 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Ladies!

How are you all doing? For those of you stuck in the North and buried under snow, I hope you are safe and warm. I am praying that Winter ends soon for you all. I, on the other hand, live in South Florida and have been enjoying 84 degree weather which is nice this time of year when the humidity down here is minimal. Our Summers here (which start around April and end around early November) can be very brutal with temperatures in the 90's and the humidity at 100%. We have had some really cold days in January where it has been in the High 30's in the morning and not reaching 60 during the day which is very cold for Florida.

MominMD: That is great about your NT scan :) Did the tech take a guess at the genders? If I go by the :hb: I would say you have 2 girls there :) I think that was nice of the tech to do to give Sawyer the pic of his siblings :) Our tech did the same thing too :)

Taffy: I have actually not been paying much attention or even thinking about the gender which is very strange. I don't know why but I think is that I have a feeling the baby won't cooperate or that I am content with knowing that our baby is super healthy which is all that matters :)
Sorry about the GD :( I have a friend who went through the same thing. To this day I don't know how she did it because she had a lot of doctor visits, and testing her sugar levels, dieting, etc. But her baby was born full term and super healthy with no effects and no NICU time at all :) He will be 2 in July.

AFM, I took Molly strawberry picking on Friday with the moms from the moms group I am a member of. We had a blast! The weather was nice but out in the field with no breeze it was a little humid but we were only out there picking for about 30 minutes. The kids loved it :)

I had my obgyn appointment this past Wednesday and my obgyn said that the TENTATIVE c-section date will be June 14th. My real due date (going by my LMP) was 7/3/2011 but I was moved up because baby has been measuring 1 week and 3 days ahead the entire time. I was not off by my LMP because I was being monitored by my RE so I would know when I was ovulating and when I would need to start the lovenox shot. My due was moved up to June 24th 2011. My ob does c-sections 7-10 days before your due date and since I am on blood thinning shots they tend to do the c-section 10 days before your due which would be June 14th, 2011.

We are excited because we get to meet our new addition earlier but also takes away a couple of weeks of me planning to get stuff done so now I will get everything done a lot earlier

My appointment went well. No concerns. Next OB appointment is 3/2.

Next big appointment is 2/14 with the high risk doctor where I get an ultrasound every month and we are hoping that baby will cooperate and we get a clear view of the gender.

*I have more pictures but Molly's friends are in the picture and I don't know how to blur them out.

Hope you all are doing well.

God bless.
ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby taffy75 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks for the GD support! So far things have been going well with the diet. Unfortunately I am getting a cold so they have been a little higher today but still within the range of normal so that is good!

Carmen, Molly looks like such a big girl! I bet you all had fun and your u/s is so close now!

Kristy and Dawn, how are you and your LOs?

Stacy how are you and ronin doing?

Alex will be 18 months on Saturday and is still not talking much. The things he says the most are "ruff-ruff" whenever he sees a dog or when our dog barks and "gorilla" from his favorite book. figures! he also goes around saying "Yeah yeah yeah" all of the time. He understands what we say though so I am not too worried. I guess we'll see what happens at his 18 month checkup on Monday.

Hope everyone is well!

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing good!

Carmen- Molly is adorable! Good luck on your Valentines Day scan!

Dana- good to hear the GD is under control! I'm sure Alex will be talking up a storm soon! Kendals new thing is singing! She sings all the time. Its adorable!

We've had some really cold weather here in Tx the last few weeks so we are just trying to stay warm! Can't wait for Spring!

I also had a 30 day cycle in January. I was excited! How crazy is it that I was excited for AF!!

I'm trying to decide about having another baby. My DH wants to be done but I'm not so sure. Its a really hard decision to come to.
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kristylee » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 am

How did the scan go Carmen?
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster