AUGUST 2009 MUMMYS! PART 2!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby stacnjttc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a good Valentines day....Carmen....did he/she cooperate at the gender scan yesterday?

Dana, glad everything is going ok with the GD, sorry you're getting sick. I've been feeling like I've been fighting something off lately, and Ronin has had a low grade fever, so I wonder if we're both fighting something...yuk...hang in there.

Cute, Kendall has been singing, Ronin started singing too, he's trying to get Twinkle Twinkle little star down, but he gets the 'up above....then mumble mumble mumble...head bob head bob so far' it's really cute. He is OBSESSED with the moon. Wants to see it on our ipod, phones, computer, outside, at night, during the day, he talks about it constantly. We got him some little stars and planets that glow in the dark for his room, and he loves it....every night when we turn off the lights he oohs and aahhs and says, staaarrrrrrsssss! It's pretty cute. He talks up a storm at home. I was trying to count the words that he says and I can't even count he says so much, but if we take him around anyone else, he's so shy he'll just sit there and stare, and not talk at all....but bring him home and he's talking and yelling, and dancing around. He's like two babies in one....he's the quiet hang on our leg shy kid when we bring him out into public and then he's the active, hug one minute and throw a fit the next minute at home.....there's definitely no shortage of entertainment around here with him. He just had his 18 month appt'. He's only in the 13% in weight (he's always been skinny) but he jumped into the 90th percentile in height, so he's tall, but skinny. He really doesn't like to eat very much. It's like pulling teeth to get him to eat. I always tell my husband he would be the perfect baby if he would only start sleeping and eating better. He's still not the best sleeper, but the more teeth he gets in, the better he sleeps, so I have hope. I also think that once I stop nursing he might start eating more....maybe even sleeping more??? Not sure, but I can't really figure out how to wean him so we're still nursing, about three times a day, before bed, in the middle of the night, and before nap, sometimes when he wakes up in the morning. I figure when I start working a full time job away from home, we'll have to cut out the nap time session, and then maybe we can work on the others, but until then, I really don't know what to do about it. I just keep doing it....I figure I'll know when I'm ready and when he's ready.....part of me wants to start weaning him now, but the other part still feels like I just can't do it yet.....I'm so conflicted about it.

How is everyone else doing? Sorry I was brief and didn't do a lot of personals, just have a moment between working and watching the boy, he's really a handful now, so I don't feel like I have as much computer time anymore.
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armenc8261 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:07 pm

We are having a boy!! :jump: After having to wait an extra 4 weeks because of the umbilical cord, it was 100% confirmed boy! We are excited even though I was a little worried last month about having a boy and not knowing what to expect and only being use to baby girls all my life, I definitely can't wait to see our dd be a big sister :)

I guess this is the year of the boy!! Everyone I know is having a boy :) Time to go shopping :)

Will do personals tomorrow. Getting Molly ready for bed :)

God Bless

Measuring 21 weeks 3 days! :)

ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kdsrdms » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Congrats on the boy Carmen. <3

Hi girls. I promise I'll be back soon to do more personals. I hope everyone is doing well!!
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:35 am

Congrats Carmen on a baby boy!!!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby stacnjttc » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Carmen congrats on the boy :) boys are soooooooooooo much fun, and sweet.
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Where is everyone?!!! Hope everyone is doing well. Took Kendal for her 18 month checkup and she screamed the entire time!!! As soon as they try to touch her she starts screaming. She didn't have to get shots this time thank goodness cause that would have been even more screaming! I hate that but what are you going to do?

Hope everyone checks back in soon!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MominMD » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Carmen - Yay for a little boy. Little boys are the best.

Ally wanted me to let you all know she does not have internet this month, so she cannot check in. She is doing well and misses everyone, and she will be back.

I have been sick with an upper respiratory thing for almost a week now. I hope it goes away soon. Forgot how lovely it is to be sick when you cannot take much. DP was down with the flu and then pneumonia for almost a month. Trying to make sure mine does not turn into all that.

Hope everyone is well.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Quick pop-in here...been busy with preparations for the new baby, just have a few more things to get and need to wash his clothes! Alex seems to have some awareness he's going to be a brother, when I ask where the baby is he rests his head on my stomach and blows raspberries. baby was measuring 4 lb. 1 oz. at the 32 week u/s, in the 43rd %, yay! Not too big at all. Hoping that pattern continues until the 36 week one.

Hope everyone is well!

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Wow Dana! It seems like time is flying by!!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby taffy75 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Kristy - It does! I am washing the baby's clothes today. Still need to get a hamper and baby book! How is Kendal doing?

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi everyone! you would think I would be posting more with all the time i have on my hands right now. Its been 2.5 weeks i've been on bedrest. I go back to the doctor tomorrow. They'll repeat the fetal fibronectin test and do an internal check too. I'm hoping for no further changes and a neg. test. I REALLY want off of this bedrest and constant worrying!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Kendal is doing good. Growing too fast! If only she would sleep all night she would be perfect! Ha. She ends up in bed with us. Though its mainly cause I'm too tired to stay up with her. My hubby is getting tired of it so I don't know how much longer that will last. She screams everytime we put her in her bed awake and I just don't have the heart to leave her in there crying! I'm hoping she gets better at sleeping soon.

Hope you get off bedrest soon!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kdsrdms » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi girls. :)

Kristy - Lucy doesn't sleep well either and I won't put her in her bed awake. It will get better eventually. Right now I'm just trying to be thankful for the cuddle time.

Alison - good to hear from you. Sorry about the bed rest. You're getting so close though!! They should let you off br soon I would think.

Dana - 8O 8O You are SO CLOSE!!! Can you believe it could really be at any time now?? Woah!

Amy - I've missed a lot - I see your ticker is pink... are there 2 girls in there?? I bet sawyer will be a great big brother to 2 sisters.

Carmen - the pics of Molly are so cute!! Do you have a name picked out for her brother yet?

Hi Stacy!

Hi everyone that I missed :D

AFM - we are doing well. Lucy will be 19 months tomorrow. I can't believe it. She is an absolute riot! Completely insane. LOL She's definitely a talker. We tried to count her words the other day and got up well over 100 and stopped counting. She says something new everyday and can communicate with us pretty easily these days. She still signs, too. We do have to be careful what we say, though. She can hear something one time and remember it. It's crazy!!

At her 18 month appt she was 31 inches long and 19.6lbs. She's a tiny little peanut. She went ballistic the whole time we were there. We couldn't even weigh her on her own. We had to weigh me holding her, then weigh me without her.

We go to the Little Gym on Mondays and she loves it! If you ask her what she wants to do she'll say "gym", "tumble", "roll", "beam", "ball", "bubbles". :D She LOVES the balance beam.

We are really blessed when it comes to eating - she doesn't have a sweet tooth at all. She prefers fruit and veggies and cheese to sweets and junk food. She likes water to drink, or juice. She also loves to brush her teeth. :o

She's also becoming a girly girl. She likes hair bows and does NOT like her hands to be dirty. She'll say "hand hand" "clean clean".

Hmmmm what else ... she LOVES LOVES her big brother. She has to tell him night night every night before bed and she always asks for him in the morning. :) it's so so sweet!!

She's been signing I love you, but just started saying it the other day. She says "yuv yoooooo" <3

I guess I should stop there. I'm getting a little long winded. :P I hope you are all doing well!!
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:35 am

Sounds like our 18 months checkup went the same! They had to do the exact same thing to weigh Kendal. She's a talker too! They are so much fun at this age! Your description sounds just like Kendal! Too cute! Hope everyone else checks in soon!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby taffy75 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Another quick pop-in here - promise to write more soon! I've been cleaning and cooking like a madwoman the past two weeks - nesting has kicked in full swing. There's not much left on the to-do list! Alex has been a little ornery this week - maybe he knows something is about to happen! He is still not talking much, he has an eval in April with Early Intervention. His favorite things to say are "ruff-ruff" and "go". I am lucky he is a very good sleeper. I can't remember the last time we were up with him in the middle of the night and he sleeps for 2 hours for his nap.

Hope everyone is well!

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES